My Goals for 2010

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by coolmac, Feb 16, 2010.

1. coolmac

coolmac
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2010 has kicked off greatly for me. I'm 21 and was losing focus in my work and everything but since I started dating my current girlfriend, my life has just gotten back on track and it's just amazing. I thank God for that.

And I also listened to a podcast by Brain Tracy who suggested something that has had a profound impact on my life. He said it helps to write your goals down every morning...makes them stick on your subconscious and keep you on track. Try it guys, its awesome!! Eversince the year started I have been doing it everyday and I have achieved a good level of happiness too.

here are my goals. If you can help me achieve some of them I'd be grateful:

1) Start an online advertising agency. I already started one and earned US$85 so far, i'm working on a second deal for US$100!
    2) Earn US$1000 every month. This i'm still working on.
    3) Get 10,000 registered members at Youngventurers.com a community that I started. We currently have 23 members.
    4) Become a certified Java, PHP and MySQL programmer. I'm now reasonably good in PHP and MySQL and now i'm learning Java. Currently on page 128 / 1 755 of a good book.
    5. Have a healthy and athletic body.
    6. Become fluent in English. It's a second language and everyday I listen to podcasts that interest me...i think i'm cruising just fine.

Those are my goals for the year the way I wrote em at the start of the year. Any feedback is welcome.

2. facerecpromo

facerecpromo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi...
    Pretty sharp goals..

First of all.. Wish u alll........... the best.:thumbsup:
    I wish your all goals fulfill till the end of 2010.

We both are now following each other on twitter. as u have also seen my goals here: http://www.businessadviceforum.com/showthread.php?t=7423
    so we work together for completion of our goals.

I am also registered a your forum. :)
    Anything else you want from my side, I will be glad to helping U.

Have a rocking year ahead... :)

3. coolmac

coolmac
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks a lot facerecpromo!

Means a lot to get the assistance of someone on the same path and i'm happy to be following you too! Whenever one gets out of line, the other will be there with good advice!

Thanks a lot man and I wish you all the best too! Oh, you joined up!! Thanks, 24 members now..wow, it's the baby steps that count the most!!

Have a great day!

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing your goals with us coolmac, they sound great. I admire your attitude and I'm glad to hear that the year has gotten off to such a good start for you. Do you actually physically write down your goals every morning? Do you feel that this is more helpful than reading them every day?

Do you have a website link for your online advertising agency?

By the way your English is excellent, I would never have guessed that English is not your first language.

5. coolmac

coolmac
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I tried the way of reading them aloud every morning (and sometimes at night after reading a book called Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill), didn't really work for me and it offers other people an opportunity to hear them...some of them I like to keep private because what may appear "small" to them is actually a biggie for me and I hate being discouraged.

So I have been following Brian Tracy's advice and its really working well. One thing I heard is that you have to associate emotion when you write or say them out. That activates your subconscious and one important thing, I write them in the present tense like: I am a certified Java programmer. I create software that ...blah, blah blah. It's worked superb for me up to now.

About my advertising agency, i'm working on the website for it right now. I'm currently working alone and bidding for jobs online.

-And oh, thanks, i've put in a lot of work in my English since its often the language for business! I'm happy I can understand and express myself now!

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Coolmac would you happen to have a link to that Brain Tracy podcast? Also, what's your first language?

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's always good to have a goal in life. It is to help you achieve anything you want.
    Keep up the good work and I wish for your success.

8. coolmac

coolmac
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My first language is Shona, which is a language spoken in Southern Africa where I stay. I don't have a link to the podcast but it's called The Science Of Self Confidence. It's actually a long program with about 6 CDs but I enjoyed all of it.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Has it any similarity to Xhosa? I've heard Adrian Birrell (former Irish cricket coach) speak Xhosa. It sounded most unusual, with lots of clicking sounds, it most definitely not be an easy language to learn.

10. chrisdina

chrisdina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Every day I also describe what the vision of my life .... so it will dominate my thoughts, my decision, and the direction of my life. I describe my vision in my prayers, and asked the Lord to answer it at the best time.

11. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Go for your goal.
    If you can dream or think of goal , and you write it down, and make some steps to it, you realize it.

Remember to happy and prosper
    Remember to have great day forward , enjoy your self and prosper

12. coolmac

coolmac
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No it's nothing like Xhosa. That's a total different language. Shona is really easy, without any clicks or such. Maybe i'm biased b/c its my native language but a lot of people agree and it doesn't impose itself on an English accent..You still say most of the words and sounds correctly i think.

13. johndale

johndale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very nice to hear goals and people achieve them one by one. I'm also interested to start my own company this year but seems like I need to earn money for the investment first :)

14. stonesing

stonesing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good luck to you. Young man like you will have drive to accomplish the taskes

15. lentrepot

lentrepot
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was amazed how your goals are well-planned this year. I hope 50% of it or much better all of it will be fulfilled!. :)

16. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good luck with that :)

17. JamesHarran

JamesHarran
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No doubt that the best way to live a successful life is by setting goals but not for too much time because you don't know that at that time where you will be.So try to set goals in limits.