My goals again.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Swastik, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Swastik

Swastik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey guys,

This year has been pretty good for me. I've learned a lot of things, have had good and bad experiences, made good friends as well. I've worked on a lot of things, achieved many goals that I earlier mentioned, failed at some - but overall it was a nice experience.

Now, for the upcoming year, I've setup my goals. Here they go:

# Be more organized. This year, the biggest mistake I did was not planning how I was going to achieve a certain thing. It made my task harder, and I was not able to complete many things I wished to. :rolleyes:

# Act on ideas. I get a lot of ideas bubbling into my mind, but rarely act on some. This month I had an idea, made a plan, and stuck to it - and the results were really amazing. I flipped a product within 4 days and made $500 pure profit.

# Develop my blog - I got a blog in December, still not developed completely in terms of design, I'm working on it. I'll try and develop the blog over the next year, market it properly. For this, I'm going to adopt a variety of methods such as article marketing, blog commenting (already giving good results), paid reviews, increasing my network, viral & social media marketing.

I've setup a plan on which I'm going to work. Starting with blog commenting (which I already have), I'll try and post valuable comments to blogs in my niche and expose my blog to the readers. Weekly, my link love to other bloggers will catch their attention as wordpress shows the linkbacks in admin section, and this way my comments, network will increase.

When I start receiving around 100 uniques a day, and 20 comments as average on my blog (currently 7-8), I'll turn to social media marketing and those commentators/ visitors will help there. :D

I'll try and maintain quality meanwhile, so as to get mentioned in other blogs and free advertising. Also, that way my visitors will stick to the blog. After all this, when the traffic is consistently over 250 visitors a day, I'd try and get paid reviews etc to give another boost and much needed exposure to the visitors of famous blogs.

That's my plan in short, and I'll try and work on it.

# Fourth and last, Learn more. ;)

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing your goals with us Swastik. Sounds like everything is moving in the right direction for you and that you have everything under control. Congratulations on that.

Have you got an approach that you are going to follow for being more organised? It can help to have a system in place. You might find some useful guidelines in this thread.

Congratulations on flipping that product, that was a great success.

Sounds like you have a good plan for promoting your blog and that you are knowledgeable in this area. Have you set down specific targets, such as how many unique visitors you want per month or what your monthly revenue will be? You might find some useful suggestions in the blogging links on our Useful Online Business Resources thread.

Good luck with everything and please keep us updated on your progress.

3. Swastik

Swastik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal for those links. I'm reading them now.

Yeah. It's 6-7 days old now, and what I planned is going on as wanted. 60 uniques a day are average for past three days, and I've done just blog commenting.

I've a target of 300-400 uniques a day by this March, and after that I'll promote it via paid options.

Regarding revenue, I won't put up any such ads because they won't justify the space they take until I get a good revenue. Those 125 x 125 on the sidebar are also free links. :p

I'll try and push in $200-$300 by May ~ 6 months target. Most important is filling up with good and unique content. Then I'll have all those stats, otherwise nothing. :D

4. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It looks like everything is going quite well for you Swastik. It's good to list down all our goals so that we can keep track of our progress regularly. In the same way, I'd also advise you to list down all those ideas that come to you irregardless of whether you think it will work or not. With so many distractions like phone calls, meetings, etc; by the end of the day, you'll would already have forgotten about your ideas.

Good luck to you in achieving your goals.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Swastik, would you mind sharing a link to your blog?

Have you considered replacing some of the free links with graphics from relevant affiliate programmes? This would allow you to earn revenue for any sales made from your site.

6. Swastik

Swastik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Fergal,

I've given up free links for one month to build up a readerbase. After that, I'll either sell ad spots, or use affiliate programs.

My blog http://www.splitstack.com (A kind of a brand, I know it's kind of confusing :confused:)

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It looks very smart and professional, good luck with ti Swastik.

I don't see a categories list, do you have one?

I notice also, that you don't have an "Older Posts" link at the bottom of your blog. Personally I generally click this link when I visit blogs and will often only view the first page of a blog that doesn't have such a link.

8. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's one nice looking blog Swastik. Can't believe that you're only 16yo.

I've gone through most of your posts and I do have to say that some are quite long. But content-wise, I think you're doing great in that area.

Good luck once again.

9. Swastik

Swastik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks.

And sorry about that, I forgot to put categories widget in the sidebar. Will do that now.

Regarding older posts, I'll ask my coder to it. :)

Thanks Nazreen. Yeah, some went quite long. I did not want a boring read, but those were required information I had to put on the topic the post was (Like the product launches one)

Thanks again! :)

10. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like long posts myself. At Cuckleburr I don't accept anything under 500 words unless it's really good and usually prefer the articles to be closer to 800-1000 but that's just a personal preference. :) Looks good, Swastik! Nice colors you've got there. Is it WordPress? I like the theme.

11. Swastik

Swastik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Kay.

Yeah it's wordpress. Thanks for the comment and the kind words.

And I added categories widget to the sidebar. Waiting for the coder to come for the Next/Previous posts links. :)

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you hired a coder Swastik, or have you got a partner who is working on the project with you?

13. Swastik

Swastik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've hired a coder, Fergal.

14. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Looks great, Swastik. I was showing your site to my son last night who's 19 and saying " why don't you do stuff like that??" LOL. He's too into manga right now to care. :rolleyes: It's very impressive you've done so much at such a young age, it really is.

If you want to submit an article to The Cuckleburr Times and add your resource box to plug your site, feel free - just tell me if you do because I have loads of submissions right now to review and I'll bump you close to the top of the queue. With being sick the last few weeks I'm behind but will look for it coming in if you do. :)

15. Swastik

Swastik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sure Kay,

I'll try and cook something up which has a certain standard. :)

Thanks for the compliments again.

16. flashgordonweb

flashgordonweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is one of the hardest things to do for me... actually sit down and plan a process from start to finish. I do a lot of planning at the beginning, but once it gets going I usually let it just follow its own path. That has worked, but I'm sure I've missed some great opportunities because of it.

17. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's a toughie indeed. I liked this lady's version of a time management chart but Fergal's one here is my favorite right now. I'm applying it daily rather than weekly and so far so good.

18. Swastik

Swastik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, it was hard for me as well in the beginning (this November). But as I became accustomed to it, it is much more productive than doing things unplanned.

And for updates, the blog has been doing pretty good. I've tried commenting on niche blogs and many known niche bloggers are commenting back on my posts. (and that feeling is really amazing :D) I'm trying to be regular with my posting schedule now. :)

#18 Swastik, Dec 16, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  19. Swastik

Swastik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Update : The blog just crossed 100 comments and I'm very happy.:eek::D

I've been commenting everywhere and results are positive. I've gained some feedback from various bloggers and am working on improving. :)

20. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Congratulations Swastik, 100 comments is a great milestone to have passed, a good result for all your hard work.