my goal

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by A H Nikhil, Jul 16, 2008.

1. A H Nikhil

A H Nikhil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thank you for sharing your goal with us. You will have a better chance of achieving it if you make it more specific.

How will you know when you have achieved your goal? Do you have specific targets in mind, with measurable results, e.g. revenue per month, unique visitors per day or number of posts you will make per week?

Please post some more specific targets and we will give you some tips on how to achieve them.

3. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When making your website, you should also look at the appearance of your website and ask yourself these questions, "Is my website attractive or pleasing to look at?", "Is it a website that I would want to come back to again and again?", "Is it easy to navigate?". You can also compare your website with your favorite websites in the web or maybe ask the opinions of others regarding your website. With these reviews or comments, you can also improve on your site.

To be honest, I think that your blog is too plain. I know that you can do better to improve on your layout and theme A H Nikhil. Good luck in developing your blog!

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Nazreen makes a great point. You may actually want to consider if you want to have white text on a black background, reading white on black may be more comfortable for your readers.

5. A H Nikhil

A H Nikhil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thank you...can you tell me how my blog is now..
    i have altered it ..any advice?

6. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion, it would be good if you fully utilized the space in your blog - just like this one. I would also have preferred it if the font you used is a little bit bigger. Also, you might also try creating a better header with a good image to attract visitors to your site and I think a few images in your blog entries will also be a good improvement.

7. sp500trading

sp500trading
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is nice thing, you can do it.

8. A H Nikhil

A H Nikhil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hey i had been out of BAF for a lot of time! well sorry bout that guys but had my exams going and used to come online only to maintain my proxies...

aha ! well things have improved at last for me !

i have been getting 1400+ views from my blog from quite some days and earning 2$ /day through adsense..

hey can you guys tell me how else to optimize adsense.. i have used grey hat method .. i don know if it works or not but CTR is too low .. m gettin 40 cent/click(Cpc) n gettin 6 maximum clicks /day on average!

well i am into proxy sites too now and i have Lovelysurf.com which is making 2$ a day with 1k visitors..

i m in need of some bucks to buy promotion... ( cos i m in india and i don have credit card to get d money online from my purse and paypal don accept indian international debit cards... BAD LUCK)

anyways looking forward help from you guys thank you!

#8 A H Nikhil, Sep 16, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome back A H, I'm delighted to hear that things have improved for you and that you are earning revenue from your website.

I was going to visit your site to view your ad placement and design but I get the message below in my browser;
    Does Google have a policy on displaying Adsense on proxy sites?

10. A H Nikhil

A H Nikhil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Thank you fergal .. i never had got that malware alert but have removed it today.. oh yeah! you can put the google adsense adds on the main page of the proxy site but not on the proxified pages .. it is against google TOS..

i have not placed adbrite adds on d proxified pages because its too slow to get loaded and they won earn a lot.. i m looking forward to go for a CPM/CPC advertiser with paypal payment.. if you know anything good then pls make a note..

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The site opens for me now, but it does open quite slowly, you might want to look into ways to speed it up.

Would it be possible to display text links, rather than graphic links, to those sites in the footer? If you can't show text links, can you set the graphic ads to only load after the remainder of the site content has loaded.

You might also try experimenting with the Adsense ads. For example I think you would get a better price per click if you showed less ad blocks. The more ads you show, the more likely it is that your visitors will click on a low paying ad.

You might try replacing the three ad units with a single 728 x 90 horizontal leader board ad. Try it for a week and see what happens to your ad revenue.

Then you could try showing two of the existing three 336x280 ad units, that is don't show the bottom one. Then look at your reports again and see how this affects your revenue.

Basically try something new for a week and compare the results with the previous week to see if it increased or decreased your site revenue. Your Page eCPM will be an important figure when comparing these results.

I'd also suggest that your appeal for PayPal donations might actually discourage people from visiting your site and hence reduce your long term site revenue.

Good luck with it and please keep us updated as to how you get on.

12. harmin

harmin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Everyone should have a goal in life.You have a really nice goal and it's good that you work hard to reach your goal.Good luck.When making website,you should look at the attraction,appearance and utility of your website.