My Goal

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by akhanna01, Jul 11, 2008.

1. akhanna01

akhanna01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to earn enough to help my grand parents

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for posting your goal akhanna.

Do you know how much you need to help them?

Have you specific plans in place as to how you will earn this money?

3. harmin

harmin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing your goal.It's really great thought.What kind of job you are doing now.Are you satisfied with your current job and how much you earn per month.
    Good luck.

4. youbetcha1018

youbetcha1018
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I work hard to help my parents and provide good future for my daughter. I have 1 day job and 2 online jobs. I have to earn good for the people I love. Akhanna, you can reach your goal by working hard and trusting the Lord that He will help you and your grandparents everyday. Thanks for sharing us your goal.:)

5. deepak_sharma

deepak_sharma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well i personally think that our grandparents need more of your time than your money. People in their old age tend to think that nobody likes them. So if you could spend 1 to 2 hour a day by just talking with them, it will give them great amount of satisfaction which i dont think money can give them.

6. man2008

man2008
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is ok to devote some time with grandparents. But if you want to earn a lot then you must devote some time to your earning options also.

7. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The grandparents that I had that lived long enough to be in my adulthood were too busy for me to spend time with. Grandma on one side was out visiting her friends, hitting garage and yard sales, going to church functions, and grandpa on the other side was driving back and forth to Florida all the time. Supporting their gas habits to let them enjoy themselves was more of an issue. lol

8. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's actually a very noble goal by Akhanna.

There are a lot of instances where someone who puts others before himself and makes it his goal to help others, has a greater chance of becoming successful. This is due to the fact that when you know that someone is depending on you, you'll be more motivated to achieve your goal than when you are only thinking about your well-being.