My Goal.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Sahil, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Guys,

My goal is too big, but i know that I can achieve that, My goal is to make a Search Engine bigger then Google and Yahoo.

I know it is toooo big, but I will achieve it.

Please share your opinions.

2. Happy

Happy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey man you will surely achieve it but you will seriously have to work too hard.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing your goal with us Sahil. Big goals can lead to big results and I hope that we, the members of BAF, can help you to achieve that fantastic goal.

Do you have a time frame in mind?

What action steps are you taking now to move you closer to your goal?

4. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank Fergal,

Till now I haven't decided anything other then my goal, First of all I need some advices, about making a search engine what knowledge you need, what finance you need, and other things.

I searching all this and Hope I will get those.

Thanks Again.

5. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My views on starting a search engine..

My suggestions before starting a search engine are as follows.

1. It requires lot of skills before starting any searching. Skills I mean, not specifically with you, but it requires a big team of skilled persons.

2. For example, google is recruiting a lot of mathematicians for their company especially to do the relevant sorting and indexing of the search results.

3. The easiest thing is, you can list out the websites which contain the "key words" what the user is entering. But the difficult thing is the "relevant outcome".

4. For example, if you provide "mp3 prices", then your search outcome should first list down the websites which sell or provide information about mp3 players with cost details. Those websites can be of any google ranks, but should be listed first. It should not list the websites wherein "mp3 prices" are simply discussed and having a good google ranks. So here is what the term "relevance" plays the role. So, relevant search requires some logical inputs also which I hope little difficult to provide. If you have that skill too, I hope you will succeed half the way of your goals.

5. Next thing is, to add any new features in your search list compared to popular search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo. This requires a comparative case study. You need to study the functional performance and feature comparison of these search engines and should keep a benchmark one step above for your search engine.

6. Finally, you need a good PRESENTATION skill of your search engine and it should be more user friendly.

7. On a whole, User friendliness and good presentation, relevant search outcomes with added features compared to competitor search engines will sure fetch a good result.

For the above points, try to put an action plan and allocate required resources in each step. Just do it like a big project planning which will provide best results for you.

I have an hint for you. Try to go for a "Domain specific search engine" which I think nobody has tried.

You filter the domain of search first and then try to optimize your search. Filtering of domain before search will make your job easier since this almost covers about 25% of your "relevant search tactics" ... I hope I conveyed correctly.

6. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank You Very Much for your kind tips Guru, they are very helpful.
    I do not want a big team know, I just want me to do all the things, as Google done in the starting if you know.

That is the toughest thing for any search engine as Google is also doing some improvement in that.

That is also important thing in a search engine, they should be user friendly so the person who i using it get to knows about all the things.

I have already decided the domain name, that is not related to search engine but my dream is too start a search engine with that one, The domain name is gr8oo.com. You might be thinking why so, I can give you explanation also, gr8 comes from GR8 E-COMMERCE PRIVATE LIMITED which is going to partner me in this. oo comes in OO like in Google and Yahoo.

Thank You Very Much for your nice tips.

7. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My added points to my previous post - Register your domain name

Thats good Sahil. But, I just want to verify whether you registered your planned domain name? Because, since you have revealed the name, it is essential to register the domain name also (If you are more specific about that domain name). I forgot to mention this aspect. Registering the domain name is the first step. I verified now and found that your domain name is still available. My suggestion is to register it first.

8. BenjaminCip

BenjaminCip
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Sahil! Thank you for sharing your goal with us!

Building a search engine bigger than google and yahoo is certainly a big challenge for you! I'm certain a lot of people are trying to make a better search engine than both google and yahoo.

How many people are you going to hire? How will you promote your search engine? Did you get a logo design for your search engine?

To me your domain name sounds like "Great oh" as GR8 is the abbreviation for "Great", It's a cool name, but I would have look for a domain name in relation with search engine... Anyway, good luck Sahil ! Hope your dream come true!

9. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well.. Let me tell you one thing. You get nowhere unless you DREAM big !

My goal is to earn $500 a day from affiliate marketing and right now I'm barely making that much PER MONTH. I have to scale up 30 times to achieve my goal. Can I do it ? I don't know, but if I give it my best shot, don't u think I can get halfway atleast ? It's all about having far fetched goals.. so that even if you don't make it 100%..u r still a success :)

All the best !

10. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I have not booked that domain yet. Because I do not have a plan to make it today or tomorrow but I will make it in two years that is my goal.
    Thank For Your Suggestion.

Yes, it is very hard thing to make search engine bigger than Google And Yahoo.
    Well, I have not yet decided anything like how to promote search engine, how many workers I will hire and all that.

Yes, my domain is very good It looks like "Great Oh" I am still thinking something good about it and trying to get a new cool domain name.
    Thanks

Yes, you will surely get that because I know those who dream can get that.
    Thanks.

11. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try , Try , Try till you reach your Goal (even if you turn out to be 100+ year )

Never give up at any cost

main point

keep waiting for a proper opportunity just like an eagle
    once u find out grab just like an eagle

even i am planing of search engine from past 1 year

now my plans on paper

i am planing to approach Sequoia Capital for funding

12. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good Luck for your search engine,
    Thanks

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sahil, I'd suggest that you start taking one action every day, to move you closer to achieving your goal. Write down one thing that you will do right now, one thing that you will do tomorrow and one thing that you will do the next day. Every day, complete that day's action and then update your list for the next three days.

You might also benefit from reading a little about Google's background and how they got established. I previously read "The Google Story: Inside the Hottest Business, Media, and Technology Success of Our Time" by David Vise. It's an excellent book that's very enjoyable to read and gives a good background of how the company was set up from the very beginning.

Sounds very exciting. Good luck with that and please let us know if you feel that there is anything we can help with.

14. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is a good idea, I will let you all know about that soon.

I have that book, it is superb book it gives all the background of Google, how it made, who made it and all other things.

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Glad you liked the book, I really enjoyed it, it is a great read and well worth a look for anyone starting an online business.