My Goal

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by melbel, Nov 18, 2007.

1. melbel

melbel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My goal, is to earn enough money from my blog to pay off my medical bills so I can start college. I am 23 years old and am now healthy, I should be able to go to school. I earn from a few sites that I lightly expose on there, and ad sense. I actually earn more with the two sites that I use, but last night I went through a complete blog look and feel overhaul and got a new theme.

So that's my business plan, beside my job as a Housekeeper at the hospital.

#1 melbel, Nov 18, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  2. rockage

rockage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Best of luck to you man. I've seen it done before. Google adsense is definitly the way to go for making money with your blog/website. Maybe this article will provide some inspiration to you: http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/118/girl-power.html
    It's about an 17 year old girl who made $70,000 dollars through google adsense. What you want to do with your money is also good, it's always better to go to school then to waste away money, which is what you see happen a lot of times. Again, best of luck to you.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

They are good goals melbel, thanks for sharing them with us. It might help you to achieve them if you follow the old adage of making them SMART.

Wikipedia defines SMART goals as follows;

Basically it helps to make your precise measurable goals that you work to achieve by a certain time. E.g. "I want to make $10,000 profit from my website in the next 12 mths" as opposed to "I want to be rich".

Good luck with it and provide us with some feedback as to how you are getting on.

4. melbel

melbel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, my set goal is to pay off my medical bills which total $16,000. I'm hoping for my blog to help me with that while my Housekeeping job will pay for my daily life. Sadly, housekeepers don't make that much and it's hard to even afford rent sometimes. :(

5. Lord_Daksh

Lord_Daksh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ya dats nice... I earn only 120-140$ from mysite every month,but now im looking for some some graet things.. One year brfore,i had applied for Adsense,but my request was rejected,as my site contained some rated things too.. And after that,i never looked back to Adsense,but now after getting so many reviews about the success with Adsense,i have created a nice blogspot and has applied for adsense.. lets see,if i gets approval this time or not... You can check out my Blogspot at
    http://freezonez.blogspot.com

6. ManilaGurL

ManilaGurL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to earn from blogging, too. It's just that I don't know where and how
    to start it yet so I'm reading a lot about blogs and adsense. If you people can
    tell me what to do, I will be grateful. :)

I love these inspirational stories. Thanks!

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

All you need to do now is to set a target date for when you will have these bills paid off :)

8. ManilaGurL

ManilaGurL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A target date and a lot of motivation. Goodluck to you and don't forget to give us feedback once in a while. We will surely love to hear from you soon.

9. surfville

surfville
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow! just keep up the good work and don't stop updating your blog if you are to earn from it. Because un updated blog is a dead blog. people gets turn off when they don't see new content and that is where they stop coming back and a loss in your part.

#9 surfville, Nov 22, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  10. ManilaGurL

ManilaGurL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just checked your blog. Nice blog you have there. I really hope you get successful with your goal and share your experiences with us. I'm sure a lot of us here will appreciate that. :)

11. whitemusk

whitemusk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ya, I also have go through the blog belong to Melbel. Really nice specially the tulip flower. I do inspired her inner strength to earn money for my medical bills. Hopefully she's get well soon. Good luck Melbel, all the best for you. We all do pray for your health.

12. AWorker

AWorker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Man,i also plan to earn money through adsense/blogs and be able to start a real life bussines.I hope you will succeed in achieving your goal,as i do for me :)

13. nizoudj

nizoudj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes friend with google adsense you can win money i think is the better way

14. ulrike

ulrike
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good luck Melbel, I hope you can achieve your goal. As long as you try to do it, I think there's no problem.

15. npguy

npguy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good luck dude, hope you will make it to your goal. Keep trying to make your way through every problem.

16. romeo_2005

romeo_2005
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice
    Very nice
    just keep up the good work

17. kewlchat

kewlchat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the article rockage that was very helpfull i like this forum alot its so full of good information :)

18. Royer

Royer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good luck with that goal. Everybody would like to earn money from blogging and everything. I have seen your blog and if you continue to keep it like that, you are on a good way.

19. descorpio

descorpio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thats right. Setting a goal is very important. Because if one does not have a goal, then all his work may go in vain. My dream is start a company of my own with about huge investment for which i am planning my savings accordingly. So inorder to save the money, i periodically invest in the shares for the return on my investment.

20. exinRex

exinRex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Melbel! I've seen your blog, nice one there Melbel your blog is nice and I know you can achieve your goal just update your blog everyday. Through Google Adsense we can make $$$, just share your experiences to success with us Melbel. And good luck ;)