1. silent_thunder

silent_thunder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to prove to this world that you can come up in life from anything!! I am arul from India and my goal is to study MBA in IIM...i think most of the members in this forum dont know what IIM is!! IIM-Indian Institute Of Management ,there are only six IIM'S in a country of 1 billion and there are only 1200 seats in these Six IIM's...

I want to be one among the 1200, The competition is tough I can say that CAT(entrance test for IIM) is one of the toughest exams in the owrld if not the toughest, I say this because I had given GMAT earlier and I got a score of 700/800, I felt I didnt give my best in that exam and still I got 700...but when I wrote the CAT my rank was 3000..I lost in a race by a big margin..I got admits from Colombia and Kellogs but I refused go as I wanted to prove that I can crack the CAT....

This is my goal for this year...CAT usually takes place every November unlike GMAT you get one shot only one shot at CAT every year!! So preparing hard to Crack the cat..and become of india's most promising management students

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Arul. I hope you enjoy your time with us and that you can both share your knowledge and learn from others. Your goal is an admirable one and I wish you the very best of luck with it.

I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with the CAT. What type of test is it? Is it something you can study and revise for?

Please keep us updated on your progress.

3. silent_thunder

silent_thunder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Common Admission Test-CAT

CAT is an aptitude test. There is no set or defined syllabus for the exam. what we can say about CAT is it is designed to assess the natural ability of a person towards their desired objective. Hence CAT is designed to test the inclination of the applicant towards managerial tasks and roles.

Mainly the questions are asked from

Quantitative Aptitude,
    Reading Comprehension & Verbal Ability,
    Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the thorough explanation. How are you preparing for the CAT?

5. harmin

harmin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's really nice goal.I know about the six IIM's and to get admission in these institute,you must crack the CAT with highest marks.It's really tough to crack it.

#5 harmin, Sep 17, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2008