my goal is to fill my forum with 5000 members

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by guru, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guru

guru
    uix_expand uix_collapse

my goal is to fill my forum with 5000 members http://www.2mg.in plz register there so that i can complete my goal

2. zerzis

zerzis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have visited your forum. What is your forum about? Stick to any particular niche.. is its just another forum then you wont get many members...

3. harshads

harshads
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have visited your forum and I noticed following things should be done to get more members on your forum=

1.Change the domain name and make it easier to the users.

2.Post the signature in various forums to drive the traffic towards your forum.

3.You forum's template is pretty simple make it more attractive.

4.Add more sub-forums in to the main forums which are simple and helpful to user.

5.Remove the advertisement above the terms and condition

6.Forum's LOGO should be more informative regarding the content of your forum.

7.Restrict the normal user to view the certain topics and show the message regarding registration.

I hope these tips will help you to achieve your goal :)

Best of luck

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

One suggestion that I would make for improving your forum is to use some imagination to make it unique. Is it really necessary to copy the forum titles and descriptions used at http://www.hostbidder.com/ ?

Surely you have at least a little imagination and you can use this to differentiate your community so that members can find topics there that they won't find anywhere else.

5. CEO Smith

CEO Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should be able to bring heavy traffic to that with digg and stumbling. Try also Yahoo Answers and Youtube. PM me if you need more advice.

6. Swastik

Swastik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    Forums are a hard thing to start off with. Having said that, I would like to add that with passion, nothing is impossible. As you have fixed up a lofty goal for yourself, I recommend you to make a plan for your website, follow it.

Sticking to a plan will help you sort out the shortcomings and improve in the future. It will also improve your own personality. For the advertising part, I would recommend the following :

1) Since you are using a vB, there a many mods available such as the vBSEO to SEO the forum. Try to get a better SERP Rank and depend on Organic traffic.

2) Try social bookmarking sites such as DIGG, StumbleUpon, Mixx etc. to gain instant traffic if you like to. But, Please remember that the traffic from these sources are instable and hence 90% chance is that it wont get converted in registrations.

3) Try promoting your forum in other forums of the niche.

Most importantly, Post good content which is useful for the USER. Never try to fool people or do illegal tricks. It's not going to help you in the long run.

Swastik

7. rachael24

rachael24
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good luck with that...I hope everything works out for you. I joined :)

8. Technologically

Technologically
    uix_expand uix_collapse

5000 members will be very hard to reach, my friend. Good luck with it. I really hope you will succeed, but I'm a realist.

If you want to exchange forum posts with me, please pm me on my forum. That should help both of us.

Regards,
    Fred

9. divyun

divyun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hey your site is down.
    5000 members is really a big target but still if you aim for the sky, you might land on a tree.
    BEST OF LUCK

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Closing thread.

Considering this forum is a direct copy of HostBidder.com - using the exact same forum title and description text - I think it's already got much more publicity than it deserves.

11. yatz

yatz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Exactly Fergal, i think copying forums without permission not really allowed... Being unique is the way you can make your website unique as well i believe..

Fergal, close the thread ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.