My General Blog - What do you think?

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Arlind, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Arlind

Arlind
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The link of my blog is | d*a*f*t*b*l*o*g*g*e*r* . c*o*m |

Yesterday I changed the design and I think this one looks MUCH BETTER. What do you guys think?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I really like the design of your blog, however one small thing that I would note is that it is wider than my screen (1024 x 768) and I have to use the horizontal scroll bar to see the full content of the site.

One reason that may stop people from visiting your blog regularly is that the posts are quite varied in terms of topic. For example, if someone is interested in small business they will probably visit business blogs, rather than your blog, even though your blog has business articles.

What do you see as the main benefits that you offer to your readers? What does your blog offer that will keep them coming back for more.

I understand that you don't want to link to your blog directly in this thread, because you'd prefer if the search engines didn't rank this thread. Unfortunately that will probably reduce the number of people that will reply to review it. Would you like to link to your blog, using a short URL service such as Bitly? That way search engines won't index it and it will be easy for our members to visit your site. Let me know if you'd like me to add a link like that, to your first post.

Good luck with it.

3. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your link is so unique that i do not know what the link is?

4. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it's daftblogger.com

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Since I'm using the 1280x768 resolution, the site looks good, clean and perfectly centered.
    I tried using the screen resolution mentioned by Fergal and the horizontal scroll bar doesn't show up. I wonder if you have changed it before I made this review.

Regarding some other aspects of your blog, I noticed that you only have a text banner. Are you planning to change it sometime with a better logo that could represent your site in the internet?

I also noticed this category: Sui Generis.
    What does that suppose to mean? I don't think people could easily understand that words unless do search in the internet for its meaning. Isn't it much better to use the word "General"?

On the content side, I could see that you have good content there. But generally, each topic overpower each other. I do hope you understand what I mean. This is always the problem general topic bloggers faced.

Have you tried to create different blogs on these topics? Or maybe put each category under a subdomain? I do think it's much better since you have a target audience.

6. yourmapmaker

yourmapmaker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

1. The most important point I'd make is that it is not clear what your website is about. This makes it very difficult to put anything that is read or viewed into context. Even a simple sentence or two in the header to describe the site would help. There is plenty going on on the homepage and as a previous poster mentioned some of the Categories, Posts dont even clarify it.

2. The first 3 links on the site are Home, Contact and Privacy. Again I wouldnt see Contact or Privacy as important links on a site like this yet the occupy prime position.

3. It looks to be populate with an automatic content generator.

4. Design template used is nice. Clean and easy to read due to the colour contrasts. I think the Twitter link is a little out of the way too. I'd consider moving it into the header area if you want people to follow or add it to a Box on the right. I assume you can use the Text Widgets box that comes with Wordpress.

Regards

7. Arlind

Arlind
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't have time right now to answer the other suggestions (will answer asap) but just wanted to point out that all the content is 1000% unique and TOP QUALITY that can't be found anywhere. The articles are NO WAY Automatic.

8. yourmapmaker

yourmapmaker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I mentioned the automatic content. Its not meant as a negative. Its just you asked for feedback and looking at the content this is what it seemed to me. It may that is due to the fact that English is not the first language of whomever wrote the articles but at a glance it doesn't read in a natural flow. On looking again I think the latter is the case and it may be just that English is not the first language.

For example

"One of the biggest fast foods in the USA is Taco Bell. Their most special feature is the existence of Copuons...."

Coupons is spelt incorrectly and you would never really say "Their most Special Feature is...."

To get the free taco you must buy another food first. Again this wouldnt be the correct way to say it.

Again its not a criticism. Its just to let you know as other English speakers are likely to read it this way as well.

Regards

9. SLWebDesign

SLWebDesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Daftblogger,
    I have read through your blog and I really like the red and black color scheme and the photo banner on your home page. It's a shame that you can't read the whole title on your photo banner though, but at least when you browse over with your mouse you are quickly able to read it.
    I wonder where you get your inspiration and knowledge writing about so many different specific topics?!
    Overall, I don't really have any major critics really, although I agree with previous comments stating you might get more readers if you chose once topic and concentrate on it, or perhaps do more than one blog with your various subjects.
    Esthetically, you blog is nice and clean and I wouldn't change much!
    Cheers.

10. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

On a personal level, I really like the design. It's very user-friendly and easy to move around. On a SEO level, it's good to see you utilised the slugs and have relevant titles. I think you may need to increase the font by 1px, as even with my perfect vision, I am experiencing some difficulty just trying to flow through the content.

Nonetheless, great work so far.

11. Claire Trivium

Claire Trivium
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It looks good. My only issue is that it looks a little cluttered. Other than that, looks great!

12. 11recruitments

11recruitments
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have read your blog and I really like the red and black color format and the photo banner on your home page. It's a shame that you can't read the whole title on your photo banner although, but atleast when you browse over with your mouse you are fast able to read it.

13. tanishajain

tanishajain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dear arlind, awesome blog you have, But I might be in doubt that you are not taking any SEO services for your blog.??

14. anamikaaroras

anamikaaroras
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dear Tanisha,

Do we still need a SEO service to promote any blog? Stile we have many alternate for the same.

15. Portal88

Portal88
    uix_expand uix_collapse

nice blog, fast load, good font, good navigation but still need interested background

16. ComparePrepaid

ComparePrepaid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Awosome blog you have created, I really liked it.