My future plans...

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Preemo, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Preemo

Preemo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Like many people, I've got very ambitious goals. Hopefully I can achieve them like I'm sure a lot of you have achieved yours.

Currently, I'm 17 years old, and have spent the past year working full-time, and have been retaking my exams through college.
    In September, I plan to go back into education, by doing a 2 year course at my local regional college.

The course I plan to do is called 'BTEC National Diploma for IT Practitioners' - it's basically to do with the software on computers, programming, design, server management, so yeah, that sort of stuff. I have such a strong passion for web design, despite not knowing the ins and outs like a lot of people, so I know I'll be 100% committed to the course.

Once I have finished the course, I will be 19 (presuming everything goes to plan!). I would then like to pay to do an evening course to do with business management. Whilst I'm doing this course, I will be applying for web design/programming jobs - so hopefully I can get a full time job, and then do the course some days in the evenings. Once I've completed this course, I want to try and set up a business, and run it properly. When I turn 21, I'm getting a lump of money as part of a Will, so I'm going to use that to go towards it. My Father also owns 7 houses, and there are 5 of us children, so he plans to give us all a house from the age of 21 too. Therefore I would run the business in one of the spare rooms at home. Hopefully after I advertise it and so on, and get a little bit of work going on - I could hire one of my friends who are also interested in design/programming, and let them join the team! I would then like to look at moving into professional offices, and hire a few more staff.

I have a dream to run the largest web design company in my region.

Obviously my goals and aspirations are a long way off, but I suppose if I try, I can get far - just like most people! :)

Thank you for reading!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Well done Preemo, that is very inspiring, you have a very clear idea of where you want to go and it certainly sounds like you have the drive and ambition to take you there. Many of us older members would love to be your age again so make the most of it :)

The course you are starting in September sounds very practical. Do you have any knowledge of HTML? It might be helpful to also learn it in your spare time as it would be a great compliment to the general IT skills you will learn on the course. I wish you the very best with everything and look forward to seeing you continue to progress towards those great goals.

3. Preemo

Preemo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you, I really appreciate your kind words!

I already know quite a lot of HTML and CSS. I'm currently reading a 'PHP Cookbook'. Everything I know at the moment, I have taught myself through books. :)

Once again, thank you!

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Well done Preemo, have you already developed some sites or applications using HTML and PHP?

5. ladydeluxehotel

ladydeluxehotel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good for you! Having a future plans for yourself is a sign of a successful person to be.. Hope you will succeed more and be what you want to be.. Just stay your focus and you will surely achieve everything.. Good luck and God bless to your career!

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good for you preemo. Even teenagers can work for time and save for their future.

7. brandy

brandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very inspiring preemo . you can be a good role model.

8. Casey

Casey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Preemo!
    the only best thing I wish to you at this age, is to make a lot of mistakes, so you can learn from them.

Good Luck with your business ideas!

9. Preemo

Preemo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry for the late reply. I have done, yes. I don't have any active ones up though. When I start feeling confident enough to develop applications - I'm going to start a portfolio website up.

Thank you everyone for the supportive comments, it means a lot for everyone to keep me going! :)

#9 Preemo, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2011
  10. Sprinkles

Sprinkles
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i have a 16 year old daughter who wants to be a civil engieneer i always tell her to chase her dream.All am going to tell you is chase you dream and never give up

11. dlcnetwork

dlcnetwork
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keep moving ahead, bigger and better things are before you.