My customer wants to involve his personal interest on my business, should I report th

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Hptarih, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Hptarih

Hptarih
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am a freight broker. My customer recently, stop giving freight. The main reason was, the account executive involved his personal interest in my business, and I refused his requirements. Other than that, we made zero mistake and always offered very good services with best price.
    Recently, I want to communicate with him, but he doe snot want to communicate. He only said, if I don't give you freight , you can't do anything about your business.
    So, should I talk this to his supervisor or his manager about his personal interest in my business.
    One more thing, he is a kind of supervisor, if I talk to his manager about him, he would probably permanently stop giving the freight. So, what should I do? If i don't report, we invested a lot of money in order to do business with him, and did nothing wrong in the past. So what should I do? This is a Japanese company.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

If a company employee is looking for something akin to a bribe, as a condition of giving you business from his employer, then I'd suggest that you discuss the issue with someone more senior in the company. You shouldn't lose business because you are not prepared to facilitate in his dishonest actions. The employer should be glad to you tell them about it, because they will want their employees to use the service that is most beneficial to the business. What they obviously will not want is for their employees to put their personal interests above those of the business.

Welcome to our business forum and please do post back with your thoughts and to tell us how it works out.