My Construction related website has affected by Penguin 2.1

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Giles Parker, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Giles Parker

Giles Parker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello

One of my website goalconstructioncorp.com has been affected after penguin 2.1 undates. Our targeted market is USA. My website's mostly all keywords are not in 100 SERP. What should I do to rank my website in top of the search engine. Which strategy should we follow?

Please share your thoughts.

2. andrewc

andrewc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You will have to try White Hat SEO and develop more content like articles and blog posts. Then start building back links by helping out in other forums relative to your business.

You may also want to consider checking your keywords on Google Adwords Keyword Tool. I have checked your on page SEO and you are currently targeting custom home builder Virginia, new home builder Virginia, luxury home builder Virginia, custom home builder VA, new home builder VA.

Put these into the Google Keyword Tool to find out how competitive they are or if anyone is searching for them.

3. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

two other thoughts-

Add more relevant content and pages - perhaps tips on selecting appliances, moving tips, etc...

Focus on local directories and make sure that Google Local and other search engines have your correct listings

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Andrewc is right about using only white hat SEO techniques. On the other hand, I would not use forums, even related ones, to build backlinks. I also checked on the keywords in his post. Three of them are highly competitive, and two, "new home builder VA" and "luxury home builder Virginia", get no searches at all. I do like Business Attorney's idea of adding more relevant content, although adding more pages may not be necessary. Focusing on local directories may bring more traffic to your site, and could help your ranking, but don't overuse them or rely on them too much for SEO. For those you do use, however, you should make sure they are accurate and up to date, and they should be updated once a month. Like SEO, directories are also not a "set it and forget it" type of marketing.