My community FB page is growing!

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by MDF, Dec 16, 2014.

1. MDF

MDF
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wanted to get your opinion on next steps for a facebook group that discusses events, news, info, etc regarding a city of approx. 60,000 people. This FB group is close to 10,000 members and growing by 50+ people daily, usually in and around the city. I had similar success in creating a city portal at one time and told the owner that he should consider converting this into a website since some businesses have inquired about advertising.

Here's my situation.

The owner wants to partner with me (since I have experience with website development and previously successful with an online city portal) and go 50/50 on the website venture. There are 7 other FB volunteer moderators that also help manage the FB group with new memberships and monitor daily posting activities from other members.

I want to create a business, for example, LLC, since we will be conducting business transactions. At the same time, I want to be able to give back to those that have helped fuel this project along. I am a big believer in giving back to those that helped a hobby become a potential money making venture.

The original owner and I agreed to split the business 50/50. In your opinion, what do you feel would be the best way to create the business and provide some reward for those that dedicated time in the beginning to taking this to the next level? Would you create some other type of business and give each a percentage of ownership while still maintaining control for operational decisions?

Your thoughts?

Thank you.

2. robertmiker

robertmiker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is really good thing that your FB page is growing, it would be good for your business. Keep it up!