My Business Idea blog.....It's FREE :)

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by RevaxMedia, Dec 5, 2012.

1. RevaxMedia

RevaxMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello BAF,

I literally come up with business ideas all the time so I thought I would start a blog off with them. These ideas are pretty random but seem to be worthwhile in most cases. I have loads of them written down and the next 2 weeks is literally transferring them over to the website. I work full time so I aim for one blog post a day.

It is very, very new with a lot of work needed. Would appreciate your feedback on the concept rather than the site?

It's Wordpress and can be found here: http://systik.co.uk

Shane

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The blog looks great Shane and I do like the concept behind it. I had considered something similar myself in the past and registered a domain for it, but never went ahead with it.

You haven't added any content to your resources page yet, but you probably know that.

Good luck with it!

• Like Like x 1
  3. AdamMBSmith

AdamMBSmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I had the electricity generating gym idea too!
    It's a great idea for a blog, but what's to stop moneyed individuals from stealing your ideas and making them successful?

• Like Like x 1
  4. jimarmstrong

jimarmstrong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its look nice, but i want to some advise you that keep your advertising on bottom side in your side bar because as per search engine algorithm that first fold must be content and its advertising. Keep your first fold of blog with content, you will have proper ranking in major search engines.

5. RevaxMedia

RevaxMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal, If you ever want to do a guest post just give me a shout :) - Adam, these ideas will never get done by me, might as well share them :)

Shane

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rai

Rai
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's a nice site, although I have seen a lot of other sites that have the same layout format.

7. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think its a fantastic concept! Very unique! It is certainly fun to read through people's crazy ideas. And as long as you don't care if someone uses them, I say "keep it up!" Good luck! I will definitely be a reader. If you want some design pointers let us know!

• Like Like x 1
  8. RevaxMedia

RevaxMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the feedback guys.

9. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I visited your site. N like your Blog. Your concept was out standing. I like your concept so much. I had comment on your blog too... Keep going....

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. agentmanningctu

agentmanningctu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice site idea!

You have a lot of great content right now, good luck!

11. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Shane,

The concept of the site is really cool. I like that you are freely sharing your ideas like that.

The ideas are interesting. I think you would find a lot of entrepreneurs are full of ideas like you are.

I don't know if it is a good enough idea for me to want to visit the site often. But, I think the concept would make a great addition to a forum like this one.

Even though I personally would not want to visit a blog like that on a regular basis, I bet there are a lot of people out there who would. So, I definitely think your idea is sound.

Good luck....

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lindra Vanz

Lindra Vanz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its look nice

Good luck with it!

13. eelizasanchez121

eelizasanchez121
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good blog thanks for sharing....!!!

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Would you mind telling us what you like about it?

15. 1paket.com

1paket.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like it too. It is a good and neat work.

16. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's not that bad. The blog looks clean and blue. However, the search box could be improved. Also, I see a problem with your navigation links at the top; the contact tab goes down and is looking a mess. The articles you have there looks good. I suggest you keep logo of your full domain name not just Systik but Systik.co.uk. Keep on trying and improving your blog.

Thanks!

17. RevaxMedia

RevaxMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the feedback guys.

18. pandaa

pandaa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's awesome that you've started this, I'm sure it will be a valuable resource for aspiring business owners. :) Your content seems to be your strong suit; not only does it have excellent grammar, but it is written in every day English and straight to the point. I would like to see the design of your website customized a bit though. One small thing that bugged me is that a few of the categories only have one article in them, and are really specific. I'm not sure if you meant to make a category for each item, or what's going on.

As with a lot of WordPress blogs, I find a lot of empty space on the right hand side. You might want to consider putting less articles on the front page to start with, that will help. A box for recent comments, activity from your Twitter account, hot posts, etc., would really help to fill in the body of your website. As for the actual theme, I'm not a big fan to be honest. The second I loaded your page, I immediately thought of a lot of other WP based websites that I've been to. Instead, I would try to get something that is unique to your site, with a simplistic design that users will enjoy. Believe it or not, the theme of a website is probably the easiest way to get your website stuck into your visitors' heads!

A theme I found that would be something to strive for is something like this. [click]
    I think that as your articles start to build up and become more complex, something like this would really help to avoid overwhelming your users. Just a thought. I know several WordPress designers that could probably hook you up with a nice theme for under $75, contact me via PM if you're interested.

A side point, I noticed that you don't have the WordPress copyright included. :( While I'm not intending to chew you out over it, I really think that it should be put back. Anyway, I hope that you'll consider my feedback and implement at least a few of the points.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1