My bounce rate is very high

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by fletcher6490, Apr 3, 2012.

1. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I recently created a site basically promoting a company I'm an affiliate for. The keywords I've targeted are related to the content, yet my bounce rate is quite high. The site is still really new but I'd like to hear some advice from you pro's as far as possibly my design or other reasons I'm having these issues. Here's a link for the site CLICK HERE

2. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Well, bounce rate just means how many people come to your website and leave without going to the page. The way your website is set up, there really isn't much need for anyone to click any other page once they land on your site unless they are going to join.

Although it is set up as a website, it is essentially a landing page. I don't have those types of websites but most of them I've seen just have one very long sales letter, so if they have a conversion rate of 2%, they must have a bounce rate approaching 98%. You basically have 2 choices: Buy or Leave.

In your case, someone might click on "How it Works" but I would think that simply is a step short of clicking "Join."

3. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many things that you have to look out for especially when you have a high bounce rate (which means people visiting or landing your page leaves in a matter of seconds with no other actions within your website, etc related).

1. Check your on-page optimization. See if your page or website/blog site speed is good. Most visitors tend to leave when websites are too slow to load. One possible solution is to reduce large graphics in your page (if there are).

2. Make your pages informational, or maintain a good CTA on every of your page. When visitors land on your page, they are looking for information. When they land on a page that does not have what they need or want, they mostly leave without any other action within your website that contributes to a negative bounce rate. Providing an informational page will keep them on your webpage, and maintaining a good CTA (call-to-action) that may lead them to a what they are looking for or something related may help in letting them stay on your page.

• Like Like x 1
  4. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

try interlinking your page. if you think some articles are related to other article inside your site, then link it. this will make visitors stay longer. but this particular site you post doesn't seem like a web.2 linking to your money site. meaning this particular site is just created to have backlinks of your main site. so don't wonder why it has high bounce rate.

5. amitmax

amitmax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quality content on each page,good internal linking,user friendly navigation structure can help any webmaster to make bounce rate low.

6. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, this is essentially my "money site". I just wanted to be able to do SEO so that I could rank for particular keywords related to this company in order to bring in referrals. I guess having a high bounce rate isn't such a bad thing with a site like this because I'm not really wanting people to navigate much around my site, my main goal is to get them to read the firs page and click the join links. I believe my on-site SEO is done pretty well and as far as off-site, I'm doing a little at a time. I'm starting to get my keywords ranked which is good. Basically, what I'm wondering from you guys is if you were an opportunity seeker and you came across my site...Would you read or quickly exit?

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Bounce rate high normally is due to few reason
    1. Non-targeted traffic
    2. bad internal linking
    3. not attracting content / low quality content
    4. landing page
    5. bad design

You first gotta find out the root cause of the high bounce rate before you can improve it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you worry about bonce rate? Not all website install analytics code, so Google cant judge a site performance through bounce rate.

Not attracting content / low quality content means the site is not benefit to reader. I do a checking at copyscape, most of your website content is copy from others site. So it is no value for searcher to read duplicate content.

http://www.copyscape.com/?q=http://www.what-is-zeekrewards.com/

9. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agreed about some of my content. Some is copy and pasted from the original site but that is going to change very soon. I will have all original content on my site withing the next few days.

10. ClicProject

ClicProject
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Taking a look at your landing page, a few obvious things spring to mind:
    1- page is not attractive and looks amateur, and screams "SCAM!". Take a look at themeforest.net, they have some really attractive landing pages for about a tenner
    2- It is not immediately obvious what the page is about. I just see the words "what is zeek rewards" everywhere. Take for example the first paragraph:

"Zeek Rewards is Zeekler.com's paid advertising division where our Premium affiliates can earn daily profit-share awards on every VIP bid their customer buys and every Zeek Sample bid given away to their customers through the Zeek Rewards Retail Profit Pool!"

Er.. what? I didnĀ“t understand a word of that. What is a vip bid? who are my customers? What is a Zeek sample bid? What is a retail Profit pool?

• Like Like x 1
  11. abhinandanets

abhinandanets
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your Bounce rate is very high , it means visitor not stay on your site for some time. at this stage you have to post classified of that site and Press Release.

12. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Bounce rate high is not about the time stay but the deep visit. You can actually found that the visitor is stay long time on the landing page but the landing page bounce rate is always 100% because it has no deep link

13. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is why a good CTA (either within a deeper page or going to a related page) is good so that visitors won't leave outside your website but will only roam around your website for other necessary information that they are looking for.

14. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just wanted to let you guys know that I did a complete overhaul on the site. I finally tried out wordpress and spent all day learning on the fly and creating this page. It's still a work in progress but overall I like the direction a lot more than the old site. Let me know what you think

15. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I think it is a great improvement over the prior version. I think it guides the reader much better to the action you want the reader to take.

16. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you. I still have work to do on it but I guess it's a good start.

17. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, for me, as a normal internet surfer, sales page like these doesn't really interest me unless I want to join one.
    This is basically a website who acts as a landing page. Everything apart from Contact, and Disclaimer are all external sites. If they browse through it, try to join or go back to the previous pages, you will still get a bounce rate. All links are pointing AWAY from your site.

To be honest, the "100% Real, No Scam" image doesn't help much on people who are having second thoughts on joining.
    Testimonials might help in getting interest on readers.

18. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, I've geared this site towards people looking to find more info about the company. Testimonials are a good idea and I can add some in. Oh man, I liked that image lol.

19. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, I'm saying that as a normal reader's point of view. I have nothing against it.

20. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ok, time to give you the advice that you need :)

First, you're going to need the REAL definition of what bounce rate is. A lot of the previously stated definitions aren't entirely correct. A "bounce" occurs when a user arrives on a page of a website and then leaves the website without visiting any other pages on the site. There is no maximum or minimum amount of time the user has to stay on the page to qualify as a bounce. A session timeout usually occurs at 30 minutes, which means if a user lands on your page and remains inactive for over 30 minutes their statistics are disregarded. The only thing that matters when calculating the bounce rate percentage is whether or not the user visits more than one page on your website in a single session. For example, if your website is only made up of 1 page, your bounce rate is going to be 100% and that's to be considered normal under those circumstances. If the majority of the content that you want users to see (usually the most important) is on the first page then it's not unusual to see a high bounce rate percentage. Your website has to be very compelling to make users want to move to deeper pages within your site.

I can tell you right away why your bounce rate is high just from looking at your landing page for about 5 seconds. Aside from your navigation bar at the top of the page, all of your links (affiliate links) are outbound, which means that even if the users are interested and click on the "Join Now" buttons on your main page, they're leaving your website without visiting any other pages on your site...aka "bouncing".

If for some reason you really need to lower your bounce rate, just make those "Join Now" buttons point to another page on your website and have the affiliate links on THAT page.

To be honest, for what you're trying to accomplish (make $$$ through affiliate sales), you only really need one page on your website. Also, not much of your information is displayed "above the fold" which means your users aren't getting 'hooked' by the information you're trying to sell them. If they manage to scroll down after that point (not very likely) they're then bombarded with a very unappealing wall of text. That alone will cause them to leave. Let's face it, most people don't like to read. You need to cut all the fat on this site and only keep the most important points that will convince users to keep researching what you're offering. Also, the general text title at the top of the page is very unprofessional. That alone would probably cause me to leave, I'm not sure about everyone else.

Fix these things and you should see a dramatic improvement in the performance of your site, along with some sales.

• Like Like x 1