My 5 Websites Goal

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by rebecca16, Nov 8, 2010.

1. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My goal with in next 12 months is to create 5 websites of my own, atleast 2 of them should be high traffic generating.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing your goal with us rebecca16, what action steps are you taking to achieve that goal?

3. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well currently due to extremely choc a block schedule,I am taking out an hour daily to plan out what kind of websites I am going to make, documenting details. I intend to spend first 2 months doing just that. charting our details.

Right now I am running short of ideas because i want to do some thing really innovative but simple.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Glad to hear you are busy rebecca16. As you have limited time, would you not be better served, by focusing on starting and building a single website, rather than working on a few at the same time?

5. Bocacristian

Bocacristian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have a great goal rebecca16, what kind of sites would you like to promote?
    An example:
    -An educational site,or an Personal Development site,just as BAF (but this is a forum) a successful one !

Do you have created site's so far?
    Would you want some help,or some advice? You can post your question and you may recive the answers and the help you want,by people that already know ho to build one.

6. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal,

You are right. Instead of working on several ideas, i should start by one only.

Bocacristian
    I know programming, though i am not a designer. This time i am planning to create the entire website myself and the artwork i will get it done from a freelancer. Its just that i am running short of idea, what do you thinks which kind of websites could generate lots of traffic?although I do not plan to create a Facebook at this stage.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Is traffic your real goal rebecca16, or is your main aim to make profit from your site?

Are there any subject areas or niches that particularly interest you?

8. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice goal, thanks for sharing your goal to us, and my share?? I'm wishing you that you will reach that goal. ;)

9. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hmm so you are planning to install themes or you are going to hire some developers for them...

10. MsMicaela

MsMicaela
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great goal rebecca. Yes it will be better if you focused on each website one by one so that you are not spread too thin. Take time to incorporate your ideas with your developers (or are you making the website all n your own?) and I'm sure you'll come up with a great set of websites.

What kind of sites are you planning on?
    Forums? Sales? Blog?
    Are they all gonna be related to each other or different ideas altogether?

Hope you can update us on your websites' status. Good luck!

11. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry I was away on a long vacation so could not come on this forum.
    Fregal indeed at the end i would like to make a good business out of it but first I am in search of an idea which could really make a difference to people lives.

I have couple of ideas, through they are weird and I do not claim them to be orignal,

1. An anger vent website, where people at the end of the day could pour their heart out if they are deeply upset about some thing. Some animated tools could be there where they can vent out their anger like striking a hammer or hitting some thing.

2. A motivation website with a difference, lots of motivational articles, some tools to visualize and meditate etc.

and there are couple others silly ideas I have.

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It's really a personal thing but I'd much prefer option 2, the motivational site. It is much more positive and more likely to be helpful to others, than an anger based site, in my opinion.

13. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fregal More opinions from others?

14. habeebraja

habeebraja
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing your goal,Really its a good idea.Its a good idea for generating a business.I am also thinking to adopting this goal.