My 2008 Personal Goal

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by abraxus, Feb 18, 2008.

1. abraxus

abraxus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually i've set two goals in 2008 and i really work hard to achieve it.

First: to buy my own house..so i will stop moving anywhere else and i'm currently considering a few places.

Second: to take my career to the international level. Currently i'm working as an engineer in my company and i'm looking forward to expand my career with international firm. There are few choices to fulfill my goal as i'm interested to join oil and gas company like Shell, Schlumberger etc or joining international consultant firm. So if anyone here can give some advice and helping me to achieve my goal..feel free to provide me with the information.

Your help is appreciated.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing your goals with us.

How far are you along with your goal to buy a house? Do you have a big enough deposit saved yet? Are you earning enough to meet any mortgage repayments you might have?

For your career goal have you looked at some of the big international recruitment sites such as http://www.monster.com ?

Have you been focusing on improving your interview skills?

Have you put together a good C.V. that will get you an interview in the first instance?

3. harshads

harshads
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can achieve this goal in this year by planning very carefully.
    You need to think which type of home you have to buy and you want to work on international level then I will suggest you to buy a home nearby the metropolitan city in your country so that traveling will be reduced and you can spend more time with your family and relatives.

4. superbike

superbike
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Congrats abraxus.

You can get many things if you put much effort on it. Sometimes you can get more without hard work and you know what you should do. But the problem for many people is where you should start?
    Abraxus, at least you have goals to achieve and you should go for it

How long have you been working with current company. I heard it is not easy to enter big companies like shell, but if you have qualifications they need, I believe they will hire you.

5. rachael24

rachael24
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Congrats on the success so far...and good luck meeting your goals!! :)

6. lokesh05

lokesh05
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi Abraxus. Are you a mechanical engineer? what's your specialization? for how long have you been working and in what field?
    wish you luck in achieving your goals!
    There is nothing better than HARD WORK in achieving goals!