My 2 Current/Main Goals

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by JBMedia, Sep 3, 2009.

1. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My two current goals are of the following:
    1. Save up enough money so I can travel all around Europe and see what the world has to offer.
    2. And to complete my schooling and become a full-time PT (Physical Therapist).

Both are going to take me a while, but I'm definitely trying to keep a good mind focus with them. :)

2. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi JBMedia,

First of all nice to see you are sharing your dreams and goals with BAF users.

I do not know from which county you are and wanted to visit full Europe or Just some selected countries?

In which standard of school you are? Or in college year?

Going to Europe is a very good dream/goal, and I am sure you will achieve it.
    For Physical Therapist that will be also done by you as your intention is very good.

Please give answers.

Thanks

3. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I haven't yet fully set out my trip as of yet. However, I do plan on visiting at least the following countries:
    1. U.K.
    2. Ireland
    3. Spain
    4. Italy
    5. Greece
    6. France
    7. Amsterdam
    8. Norway
    9. Finland
    10. Switzerland
    11. Germany
    And some more as well.

Yes, I am from the U.s.
    And I'm currently attending college. I've been in college for 2 years studying business administration but just recently decided to change it to something in the health field. So in an essence, I'm starting from scratch, which is fine with me :). Just some troublesome loans. :p

4. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Three more, They are also good and nice to visit. I have never gone to Europe but have listened many good things about it.

Sweden
    Denmark
    Netherlands

That's good.

Best of Luck for your future and your Dreams Also.

5. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Netherlands is Amsterdam by the way. :) But yeah I was also thinking about Sweden, just forgot to add it. Thanks for the suggestions.

6. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Opps do not saw that, Its OK.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing your goals with us JBMedia and congratulations with your decision to change career path. Unfortuantely a huge number of people stick with what they are doing and live by choices they made in the past, because they don't have the courage to make a complete change of direction.

Have you put specific plans in place to start earning money for your trip? Have you quantified how much money you wish to earn and when you want to earn it by?

8. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes Fergal, I know it's a bit much, and I could probably do the trip with less amount. But I'm hoping to go over there with at the least $8,000-$10,000 in USD which will need to be converted to Euros. I notice now that the USD isn't worth as much as the euro, so that's why I set that at the minimum as of now.

I have a job right now, full-time and I told myself that for beginning I'd put $20 for every $100 I get on my paychecks into a savings. I just opened a savings the other day and transferred about $20 from my PayPal so I'm at a current holding of $40. I got a bits of a way to go ;). But none the less, I'm going to stay motivated. Once I hit around $500, I'm going to buy myself a passport to keep me motivated and give me more incentive to keep saving, I'll just look at it.

I'd like to do this trip as soon as the funds allow me, but if worst comes to worst my MAIN goal is to go on this trip right after I finish college, before I step foot in the work force. I just personally feel that if I don't do it before then, I might not have the same amount of alloted time to experience everything that I want to.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You've made a great start JBMedia, I wish you the very best of luck with it. Will you be able to maintain a full time job when you are in college?

10. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Amsterdam is capital of Netherlands, but not Netherlands :p

By the way, it is great to have goal in life. Goal is motivating the person go toward and work hard. However, to achieve the goal, you need to have proper plan and work on it