Music While Working?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Fergal, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I enjoy listening to music when I'm doing some work round the house, such as cleaning and tidying. I feel that I work faster with the music on. When it comes to doing some work on the Internet or reading or writing I find music distracting and prefer to work in silence.

Do you listen to music when you are working?

2. dodgerDude

dodgerDude
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Same here. When doing my stuff on the Internet, I don't want to listen to music. It's distracting and will make me lose my concentration with my work.

3. prettysue

prettysue
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Presently, I am not listening to music while working. I get distracted. I prefer silent environment. If I like to listen to music that is when I am cooking and cleaning the house. And when I am watching tv, I don't do any activity. This is one of my ways of unwinding from work...

4. -wataru-

-wataru-
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah it helps me relax while working when there is music playing. I enjoy to hear love songs while doing my work online. :)

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

For those that do enjoy music when working, do have you any preference for the type of music you prefer, for e.g. do you prefer soft background music or upbeat music turned up loud?

6. -wataru-

-wataru-
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me as what I have said I prefer soft background music while working as it soothes and relaxes my mind and body.

7. andrea123

andrea123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it all denpends on the nature of the work
    if it need me to think most of the time,i really won't listen to the music,but if it isn't,the condition differs!
    but still i love music!!

8. deepak_sharma

deepak_sharma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well i do like to listen music while i am doing my work.It all depends from person to person.If listening music helps you to concerate then go for it.

9. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For myself, I only listen to music in my free time and doing nothing. I don't listen to music at all when working or even doing house chores or exercising because I won't be able to concentrate on what I'm doing.

10. InspiredWriting

InspiredWriting
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me it depends on the music, eg music with lyrics will put me in a certain frame of mind, more real world, I'll listen to the lyrics and my subconscious will definitely be distracted.

Whereas with instrumental music, eg classical or trance or techno, I can get lost in my work and it doesn't distract but can actually focus me more.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Music can certainly affect our moods. I know that there are certain songs that I love to listen to when I need a little boost of motivation and a spark to get up and do something.

12. Arpeggio

Arpeggio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really love music...so i like to listening to the music while i'm working.
    Also when i'm take a rest after working, i always playing my guitar.

13. jigyasa

jigyasa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can't live without music! I'd listen to it pretty much all the time. It helps my concentration grow, even while working. And the nature of music really depends on the mood I'm in. :)

14. leighdu

leighdu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm definitely a music lover when it comes to doing certain work. For example, when I am writing I feel like I can concentrate better, believe it or not, with music.

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Leighdu.

16. djschwab

djschwab
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I work from home and recently have started listening to music while I work. At first I thought it would be a distraction, but it actually picks up my mood and makes me more productive.

17. harmin

harmin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I enjoy listening to some slow and romantic music in the time of cooking,painting and washing cloths.When I learn some chapters of history and geography I usually prefer silence.

18. taki

taki
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I listen to music just about all the time. Most of the time when I work I am always listening to some form of talk radio. Mainly political or religious talk radio.

19. harmin

harmin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I enjoy listening to music when I cook my favorite dishes or cleaning my room and in time of washing cloths.I never prefer music in time of maintaining accounts and some useful informations.Usually,I prefer slow musics.

20. Radiance27

Radiance27
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do that a lot. I study with music beside me. I usually study during early evening with headphones and music becuase people are noisy outside my bedroom. Music helps me with distractions instead of it being a distraction.