Multiple websites little traffic + profit

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by ViewSonic, Nov 22, 2012.

1. ViewSonic

ViewSonic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a bunch of websites

3 that offer a virus removal product to the public for 29.99

2 that offer a tutorial on how to start an online business

and around 10 others that vary

I have an acccount with click bank, paypal ect...

now and then I get a sale, the sites offer a very nice product but that traffic is low, I have spent countless hours on seo, video promotion, pay per click, blog, social sites, all kinds of stuff but still little profit.

I'm ready to delete about 17 sites when it comes time to renew my web hosting....any advice??

virusgoaway.com/[/url]
    tostartanonlinebusiness.com/[/url]
    buy-bug-out-bag.com/computer-survival/[/url]
    gerardcomputer.com/[/url]
    doggywand.com/[/url]
    page-1-google.com/[/url]

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum ViewSonic. My suggestion would be to focus on one website that you believe in. Work as hard as you can on it and develop it to its full potential. Once you have done that, decide if the site can work for you or if you want to pass it on and focus on something else. I feel that you will be more successful if you focus on one site, rather than scattering your attention across multiple sites.

How does that sound to you?

• Like Like x 2
  3. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2 weeks ago I read this article, your situation is similar to the author.

Source: http://www.seobook.com/business-lessons

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can say that Fergal is definitely right. Instead of creating new one, why not try to fix your websites one by one? It is just a matter of trial and error. As Fergal noted, determine your most priority website depending on several factors that you may consider looking at like:

1. Traffic
    2. Revenue

These are the most common factors used in determining such priorities. Once you have chosen the website to maintain and prioritize, start creating a plan. By this you would be able to know how your websites will work individually.

In may cases, what works in a certain website does not work to all. So this process might help you identify what works individually for your websites.

Goodluck and keep us updated :)

Regards,
    Mark T

• Like Like x 1
  5. ViewSonic

ViewSonic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow thanks for the advice everyone, as it turns out I have gotten 4 sales with one of them in the last few days. That plus everyone's advice I think I have a better game plan now. Thank You for your time!

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

Thank You for your advice. Thumbs up!

• Like Like x 2
  6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There problem on managing many sites at once is the time to consume on each. Your time is divided on how many sites you owned, so each site gets less possible time to do some promotions and stuffs. As suggested by the others before me, try to fix them up one by one, instead of creating a new one. New site means you need to start all over again with the promotions and SEO. I also think it's better to spend that time on an existing site to improve it.

Well, if you are confident with that site that gave you 4 sales in the past few days, focus more on it. Do more promotions on this site. Once it picked up a good momentum, just continue and try to move on to the other site which you think can give you more revenue. Good luck on your sites!

7. pete.mcal

pete.mcal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm glad you've taken Fergal's advice on board. Concentrating on one thing and doing it right is MUCH more profitable than spreading your energy across a bunch of sites ineffectively.

I wish you the best of luck. Keep us updated :)

8. TimB

TimB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would agree with Fergal on this!
    Focus on one site or a few, but currently you are focusing on to many websites. This is the major reason in you facing problem! People make more than one site when they think one cant control the business or even if they are moving into new dimension!

Best of luck!

9. psrb4u

psrb4u
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, better to concentrate on one instead of too many.

10. Leejeong

Leejeong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why not do it this way. Focus first on one site nurture it until you're getting the results that you want or satisfied with it. Once it can stand alone without any efforts of promotions like that, you can now start with a new site. Well, what is important is that you are listing down your everyday tasks, daily check and monitor the analytics to see if its working or there's a progress, and RESEARCH. Research everything related to your niche and how you are going to build, promote, and make profits from it.It's important that you know all about the niche you are working so you can always do your very best and the ideas are continuously flowing.

11. MoneyTrack

MoneyTrack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It sounds like you haven't really found your niche yet. It may be a good idea to get rid of some of your sites and focus on what really matters to you. Don't just pick the one that may seem like the most profitable. If it's something you don't care about then you will probably not enjoy it. Find whatever is most interesting to you and the money will follow. What is it that YOU have to offer?

12. Angelina786

Angelina786
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You said that you have spent countless hours on SEO, how about hiiring a team of professional SEOs ? The professional SEOs know how to handle their work. I suggest if you want a change then it would be great if you get the professional SEOs a try. Give them only 1 website in the start and if you will see results you may give them your other sites.

13. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's an option. But it would need someone else to have a budget to be able to hire very good SEO's in the market. Remember that the SEM / SEO game have shifted into a new era of search, and it requires skillful understanding and fundamentals of SEOing a website. Not just about SEOing, but also marketing the websites well.

14. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The days of spreading efforts among many small sites are over, at least if you rely for search engines for traffic. Google's algorithm changes over the past year have pretty much relegated small niche sites to purgatory, if not worse. Don't dilute your efforts by stretching them across multiple sites.

The analogy altcom reprinted is a good one. If you already have several sites and cannot pick out a single winner at this point, at least weed out the clear losers. If you have already put substantial efforts in them and they show nothing for those efforts, cut your losses now. Don't spend another minute on them. Concentrate on the few that show some promise and as soon as one or two lag behind, cut those laggards too.

• Like Like x 1