multiple internal links with the same anchor text

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rudradhar, Apr 16, 2013.

1. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

#1 rudradhar, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

It is worth pointing out that Matt's point is that if it is part of the normal navigation of the site, it should not be a problem. There will always be those however, who take advantage and overdo it - which is why he did not say simply, "No".

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Multiple links from Anchor text may not hurt. But to what extent is something that is important. If you simply build anchor text links that it will surely affect you.

And he would never agree or deny the possibility of anything otherwise people would get the idea.

4. venumssi

venumssi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No it's not hurt the seo rankings, but same url with multiple anchor text in the same webpage may hurt the seo rankings. However, don't get more than two/ three backlinks from a webpage.

5. AJKpeter

AJKpeter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe that if you won't overdo your optimization and will do it properly according to guidelines it won't harm your rankings

6. pentawebexperts

pentawebexperts
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have some slightly different views. Here i am going to clarify with some question. Suppose if you have an anchor text A and trying to link with the page x,y and z.

First thing how much time do you require to get top rankings while using different links?
    Secondly what would be the optimized link that Google would show you by using the same anchor text as your search term?
    Thirdly would it be hard to optimize the all 3 links?
    Lastly do you think that it would be a good strategy for optimizing the same anchor text using different links as it may takes long time to optimize it?

I am sure that my other fellows would agree me as i think that using multiple anchor text for a same link is the right strategy for optimizing the rankings other than that of using the same anchor text optimization by using multiple links for a same anchor text.

7. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

penguin the is algorithm penalty over do on anchor text, as long as the number of anchor text below certain amount of percentage (number of page x number of repeat anchor text), it is save. Website like wikipedia easily found lot of duplicate anchor text.

8. alexpaul265

alexpaul265
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes it's multiple links target a single keyword its not good for your website. You cant target single keyword single link.

9. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just take note the word "TYPICALLY NOT" that means there is always a chance of hurting your site when you overdo it. He said it in a context that when you are actually building a good site for your user's benefit, it will be a benefit for your website too.

But overdoing it will cause something bad to your website. The bottom line is to keep everything natural for "users".