Multiple Domains One Template

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by skins, Mar 1, 2012.

1. skins

skins
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi

Wondered if someone could advise me if its possible to manage multiple domains using one cms with one master template.

The idea being we have multiple websites on different themes which are ultimately branded the same apart from the core subject text which would differ depending on the website topic.

If this is possible what would be the most cost effective way of implementing it bearing in mind we are a small company and funds are limited.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. skins

skins
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ok i'm new to all this, someone has just told me this is seen as unethical???

can anyone advise why?. One of our competitors is doing it to seemingly to very good effect but obviously don't want to do anything to damage our reputation.

3. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I could not get you exactly. do you mean you want to install same CMS with same template on all your webspaces? but why you would do that? Yes you can do that if I understood correctly. If the content in all the websites are same then you can possibly redirect all the domains to one web space.

4. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have several sites that uses same theme. This is because the theme is not cheap. :D and i find it good not just becuase of the design but also for seo.