Multible online businesses

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by David Labbe, Jul 29, 2015.

1. David Labbe

David Labbe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am trying to figure out the best way to structure things within my company. I do web design and development and already have a website that offers my services, but I am starting a couple of other project that will be having their own websites. The other projects/websites are related to what I do within my company, but should I create a new company for each of them or are they considered a product or service of my parent company?

I can post example companies that I found online that have the same business models, but I don't want to seem like I am spamming the forum.

If you have any opinions on the best route to take with this, please reach out and let me know your thoughts.
    Thanks

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

How you structure the company depends on the nature of these other projects. For example, the company I work for provides both web design and marketing services. Everything is related, but they are all contained in one website, as any client can purchase any service or combination of services, depending on their needs. But another example would be a department store, which sells a variety of items, or a holding company that owns a clothing store, a hardware store, and a sporting goods store, Each of these categories can be sold in one store, but are fine as individual stores. So, it depends on the nature of these other projects. Are these other projects strong enough to stand on their own as individual companies? If so, you can build individual websites for them, and somewhere on each website mention them as a division of the parent company. If not, it may be better to offer them on the existing website as additional services of your current company.

3. David Labbe

David Labbe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

T
    They are not strong enough at this time to stand on there own, but in the long run they may be. I also like the fact that for a marketing purpose having there own website will add more value to the product.
    I am thinking of just creating the child projects as a DBA. Seems like the best route to take.

4. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Problem when dealing with multiple online business may come from a single fact; how many people works on your projects?

Being the one-man band is probably the worst situation when it comes to achieve success running more than one online (and many time offline too) business, so more than the structure of your projects, put on top of your consideration how many people can help you go through it.

5. judithsellnetoow

judithsellnetoow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi company can maintain many number of websites it doesn't matter one company can provide many service its not mandatory to maintain separate company for product or services.

if you own a company maintain website in your company name itself and products choose a domain name based on keyword for your product.