Moving up the ladder

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by M.Sprinkle89, Dec 14, 2013.

1. M.Sprinkle89

M.Sprinkle89
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a question and please some one help me out..

I am 24 years old married with a 2 year old, I have been with the same company sense I turned 21. I come in whenever needed stay late as needed and the drivers that come in to the warehouse dont even talk to the "warehouse manager" (as my boss calls him) cause he cant make decisions about loading a late trailer or what ever the case may be. He refuses to stay late or come in on the weekends and as you would guess it I am the one to do all that, I do all the paper work, talking with drivers and making plans to run the loads that they need in or out. But for some reason he still looks at him as a "manager" I know its partly to do with my age but our boss looks to me to make spread sheets and to stay late or come in. I am geting so agrivated with it, what elas can I do to show him that I am ready to move up further. I started off at the bottom an have worked my way up but its like I dont get any respect, even strangers tell me that I should be the manager. What is the deal???