Moving down a negative result?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by georgelussie, Jun 1, 2010.

1. georgelussie

georgelussie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I cannot afford to buy web space. I am no big shot businessman either. Someone published some personal info about me on a blog. It was slanderous. The web host did not take it off. These results appeared on Google’s fifth page. So I wasn’t really hassled. However, another person published a comment on my blog and somehow the blog is at #1. When someone searches my name, this is the first thing he sees. Here are my questions- Will the site go back down by itself? Anyways you can suggest so that I can lower it? Please help!

2. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would go to a lawyer and get a cease and desist notice for that website for slander. However, its the way that person has obtained the personal information which may be a deciding factor. If you placed that information up there, then its been a result of your actions.

The site may stay there for a long time. I'm sure the owner isn't focusing on that page, rather the entire site in getting it to rank well, so it may become the next big thing on the Internet.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

georgelussie have you contacted the blog owner directly? He or she may be willing to remove the blog post or the comments?

Do you know what country is the owner of the blog based in?

4. Adam_Ly1983

Adam_Ly1983
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There's really nothing you can do that can affect the ranking of that blog or make it less accessible to online users. You can directly contact the owner of the blog and ask him to delete the post.

If the blog owner doesn't want to delete the comment, then contact the Blog administrators and ask them to force the blog owner to delete the comment or delete the comment themselves.

Still, if it doesn't work, then do what dotDavid said. Get a legal advice from a laywer.