Motivational Materials

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by jnjsarauer, Nov 19, 2007.

1. jnjsarauer

jnjsarauer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I enjoy attending motivational seminars and reading books related to goal-setting for business, as well as for achieving goals in my personal life. I am especially fond of John Maxwell. Who are your favorite motivational speakers and authors in the business realm?

2. zerzis

zerzis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also love motivational words and quotes. they are really needed sometimes in life. I came accross a great site which has a good collection of all types of motivational quotes and other such things. go through it.. clickhere. I recently read an article about why it is important to be motivated in positive way and its effects on our daly things. Its a great one.. i forgot article url. I love poems of Robert Frost, and work of Bernard Shaw.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Although they are not in the area of business I have found Lance Armstrong's books to be extremely motivating. He overcame huge obstacles after suffering from Cancer to win the Tour de France a record breaking seven times. His books talk a lot about doing whatever it takes to achieve your goals. They are very inspiring in the way they discuss working hard and maintaining focus in order to achieve something worthwhile.

There's some great quotes in that site Zerzis, thanks for the link.

4. AWorker

AWorker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well,everything is related to informations.I enjoy reading others' examples and tips&tricks which mostly become usefull once.It is so exciting to be able to get acces to others experiences and save the time you would waste finding all the infos by yourself.Its like an experience transfusion.

I have read many e-books bussines related ,one of the best being RusellBrunson's.

5. zerzis

zerzis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes fergal, that site is a good one.

I am eagar to read that book of Armstrong and i know what its central idea is. Its a great inspiration for all of those who are in trouble right now. Never loose hope. I feel some of sayings of Abrahim Lincoln are aslo very effective. He was defeated innumerable times in almost every small/big election he stood, but he won the greatest one!

6. Hurbel2k

Hurbel2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Napoleon Hill is my favorite with his book "Think and grow rich". It's quite old and many modern writers have actually copied from him.

I realized Your room should have a big window with a good view and a comfortable chair. Also adding a plant, good lights and maybe a painting can be inspiring. In short, make Your room a pleasant place to work more effectively.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I actually started reading this book a few years ago but didn't finish it, because I didn't like it it. I found it quite monotonous to be honest. Maybe I should give it another try.

What did you particularly like from it?

What did you learn from it?

8. npguy

npguy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to second that, Napolean Hill's Think and Grow rich is best motivitional book ever written. I've read this book twice and would highly recommend everyone as must read.

9. Hurbel2k

Hurbel2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe it's not super flashy, but it is straight to the point, has lots of examples and I can be sure it's proven. Napoleon Hill researched 30 years for this book.

His help on making a "definite plan for action" really helped me speed up myself in different things.
    I also learned a good load of other things and got motivated in general. I will read it again when my exams are don.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Any chance of a second name or other further details?

11. rickyou

rickyou
    uix_expand uix_collapse

generally I do not read motivational materials because I find that action speaks louder than words... I would work rather than reading these books.

12. descorpio

descorpio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am very much fond of reading B-Books. I am an enthusiast of reading these books and would love to hear and attend the seminars of great business achievers. I like the writings of Mr.Robert Kiyosaki. His book Rich Dad Poor Dad is a wonderful one with which i was inspired more to be involved in business.

13. melbel

melbel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not really into paying someone or buying something to motivate me. I am very self-motivating and spending money on stuff like that actually makes me feel less motivated in a way. Like somewhat guilty for buying something like that. I've never really respected motivational speakers. They get paid to motivate people... that's all they do... they've never done anything spectacular.

14. exinRex

exinRex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i've not try yet any motivational materials like books or even attend a motivational seminars. i'm not interested on it, maybe time will come i'll read one of the books you've mention guys and i'll share it with you if it helps me motivate myself.

15. zerzis

zerzis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

we are speaking about motivational quotes friend. When you are lost out, when you feel depressed then only words of great people can comfort you.:)

16. $Tycoon$

$Tycoon$
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My only motivation in life is God + Family + Wife.

Having a spiritual life will get you to new heights in every field of your life.

17. Redandgold

Redandgold
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I enjoy Larry Winget. He is described at “The Pitbull of Personal Development” and “The World’s Only Irritational Speaker”.

Two books of his that I have got are: “Shut up, stop whining & get a life” and “you’re broke because you want to be”

He isn’t you typical motivational speaker who tries to inspire you to become better. Larry takes the “kicking your butt” approach combined with real practical advice!

I love him! And I recommend his books and tapes.

18. lokesh05

lokesh05
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reading motivational material and acting on it!
    may self help books are available!
    my personal best are John Maxwell, and autobiographies of Abraham Lincoln, George Washington and a few other successful personalities!
    Basically what i like is the person's rising from adversities to become successful in their life!