Motivating Yourself in School

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by pandaa, Sep 2, 2012.

1. pandaa

pandaa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a really hard time getting myself motivated in school, but I'm hoping this year will be different. Do you guys have any tips for me? I'm smart, just lazy. My goal is at least a 3.8 GPA, I'm a junior in high school, taking 3 AP classes. Thanks! :)

2. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When it comes to school I am a 4.0 student and have been for years. I dont really know what it is, but just do your work when they give you time. When you get home and you know that you have homework just do it. If you dont like it do like 30minute when you get home and 30minutes before you go to school the next day. That is the best time I can give you. AP classes are a little harder to pass so I would recommend taking a math lab or something that will give you extra time to do your math and other math.

3. Kalaborative

Kalaborative
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Of course, Always do your homework. Even if you don't feel like it just do it because you will eventually be tested on it and it's essential you familiarize yourself with the coursework! Also get organized! Learn to manage your time wisely and don't spend too much on any one thing. When you fall behind especially taking AP classes, its hard to catch up. Focus and work hard !

4. UTMediaGroup

UTMediaGroup
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just tell yourself that if you do the work, it will pay off in the future. Think of it this way would you rather work hard now and have it get you far in the future so you have a good life or slack off and know your life in the future will not be as good as if you had worked hard.

5. rob

rob
    uix_expand uix_collapse

just have fun. and take easier classes

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

One very effective motivation technique that I use is to set myself short term goals. These goals can be as short as you wish, e.g. you could set yourself a goal for what you want to achieve from a particular class in school or for what you want to achieve from the next half hour of study. Using short term goals effectively can keep you focused on the task at hand and help your motivation during work / study time.

7. Jack Simmons

Jack Simmons
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try and think about things that motivate you then think about it when you are in school, in that way you'll get encouragement and be motivated...

8. Santrex

Santrex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good education brings good job. That's a good motivation.

9. manojagadi

manojagadi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Finish Everyday School work each day itself so that there will be no tension at the Examinations.

10. arther

arther
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No one can motivate you best more than yourself.The best way to motivate your self is to always ask your self am I done yet.Is it enough.Complete your every homework as much as you can even you donot want to.Tell your self its not just about home work it is about doing useful for future.Being lazy is not a big deal bet donot let it overcome to you.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MoneyTrack

MoneyTrack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It sounds like you're on the right track with the goals you have set for yourself. Maybe set aside a chunk of time each night to study and turn everything else off during that time. No twitter, no youtube, just study!

Let me know if it works for ya.

12. Angelina786

Angelina786
    uix_expand uix_collapse

smart and hard work is the key to success. Try to stay active all the time especially in school hours and serach on the relevant subjects you are currently studying.

13. Sprinkles

Sprinkles
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Set a large and specific goal. This will motivate you much more than small goals. A big goal has a big effect and can create a lot of motivation.

14. danemedel

danemedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Think about a reward. Motivate yourself through a reward. Think of any stuff that you really wants, then set this as your goal. Once you reach your goal then you can buy that stuff for yourself. (Of course don't cheat yourself, any motivation will never be as effective if you will cheat.) Good luck.