Mornings

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by hcted, Jul 16, 2010.

1. hcted

hcted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How can I get better at waking up, and just generally being active in the morning? I am generally not a morning person, I get 75% of my work done at night. I do feel I need to be up earlier to get more things done and accomplished to have more free time.

Can someone provide tips?

2. brownnataly21

brownnataly21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's our genes that definy to be active in the morhing or not. The best thing is to adjust the work and the schedule to this peculiarity.

3. yourmapmaker

yourmapmaker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. Invest in an Alarm clock that is not beside your bed so you must get out of bed to turn it off.

2. Invest in another one than goes off 1 minute later and put that in another room.

Should I assume you dont have Kids. If not get some. Guaranteed to have you up early EVERY morning. :):)

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

hcted, it's good that you know when you work best and you should arrange your day so that you are focusing on your most important tasks at times when you are at your best.

I also set two alarms in the morning and they are away from my bed. The first one is a radio and then five minutes later a buzzer comes on. I have disciplined myself to never get back into the bed once the second alarm goes off, no matter how much I want to. If you get into the habit of doing this, it becomes much easier.

Other things that can help are;

1. Ensuring that you get to bed on time and have a good night sleep, so that you can feel refreshed in the morning
    2. Sleeping regular hours, it's easier to get up at 8 in the monring, if that's the time you always get up
    3. Exercising first thing in the morning is a great way to wake up and give you an energy boost for the day. Even a half hour walk can work wonders. The morning is also a good time to exercise, because once you get up earlier to exercise, it's quite unlikely that anything will turn up that would give you an excuse not to do the exercise.

Good luck with it, it really is worth working on because the quality of your life and work will improve when you get a good night's sleep and get up early in the morning. As the old saying goes, "Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise" :)

5. hcted

hcted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    Thanks for the ideas :) I like the second alarm clock idea. I might do that soon, seems like it would help. Also in reply to Fergals post, I have always wanted to run in the morning before going to work, but there is that whole morning thing again lol. Well I will see if I can get these to work :D

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Change like that takes time and doesn't happen overnight (no pun intended :) ). Make small changes and improvements over time and don't expect instant results. Be determined and confident that you will achieve what you want to achieve.

7. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hey, that is my problem too, considering that i have a lot of work during morning, it really pain in the as* waking up so early, we'll thanks for the tips, i wiil apply that, hope will work. :D

8. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I learned long ago that I shouldn't go back to bed at any costs or my morning's gone. I will sleep through a snooze button too. I have to get up the first time that alarm goes off and stay up. Having dogs like me makes sure you're out in the fresh air first thing. That helps wake you up too. If it's nice I take my coffee out onto the porch and just enjoy the quiet for a little while before getting into the workday. Even that ten minutes of relaxing before you dive in can help.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I keep a glass of water next to my bed and drink it when the alarm goes off. Our bodies normally become dehydrated overnight, which can make us feel tired in the mornings. Drinking a glass of water first thing is great for rehydration and giving an energy boost.

10. TheEntreprenette

TheEntreprenette
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I find eating less in the evening makes it easier for me to get up the next morning.

Other alternative, buy a rooster!!

Regards

Jo

11. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well when you are not a morning person then why trying to become one. be yourself and work at night.

12. iimibrohim

iimibrohim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Having sport in the morning, make your body warm enough will adjust your body's clock. At first you must force yourself to wake up in morning, use alarm or ask somebody's help. then Do morning sport . It will take no longer than a week to make your body's clock change. Warm up your body in the morning repeatedly will tell your body 'it is the time to wake up'. Then you'll not need alarm anymore. You'll wake up easily every morning and get tired enough to sleep earlier at night. It works very well with me.