Morning Exercise

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by avillasage, Jun 11, 2015.

1. avillasage

avillasage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everyone, when you get up from your bed, what is the first thing you do? Me, I make exercise like walk or run around in the park for 10 to 15 minutes, or sometimes I play badminton with my friends or neighbor.

2. tk-hassan

tk-hassan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is always a perfect way to start your day with a bit of exercise. Since I go for exercise in the evening so my day starts with a couple of glasses of plain water.

3. LogansWalk

LogansWalk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What I'd give to be young again...most mornings the only exercise I get is power-walking to the kitchen to get my first fix of caffeine.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wish I started exercising first thing in the morning. It does beat having to do it later in the day, when it gets much hotter.

5. Damien Lee

Damien Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's awesome, well done for starting out with a realistic exercise regime. I'm pretty much in the same boat, like to exercise as soon as I get out of bed. First I do some warm ups and then take a quick jog around the block and nearby park. This will usually take me around 15 - 20 minutes but it's very effective. I find that I'm incredibly focused and in a position to tackle the day ahead. While I don't play badminton, I do enjoy tennis sometimes but mostly spend my weekends on my mountain bike.

6. chad23

chad23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I wake up, I go for a walk with a dog. I have a labrador and she's pretty fast. So you can call it morning exercise.

7. William Hix

William Hix
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I always start my day with a cup of coffee and I exercise usually after work.. I can't afford to work out in the morning.

8. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I wake up the first thing I do is tell myself something I should be grateful for that is in my life, like my wife for example.

The very first thing I do once I get out of bed is to turn around and make the bed. I make it nice and neat every single morning every time I get out of bed. I do that because it proves to me that I have the willpower to build positive habits even small seemingly trivial habits like that one. Believe it or not, that little habit has made a difference in my outlook in life.

• Like Like x 1
  9. VnhumR

VnhumR
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i often take 30' for soft exercises each morning, often have deep breath acts, and i feel better before going for work :)

10. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From time to time, I am being reminded of my duty to exercise, that is duty to my body because I am overweight. But since I leave for work so very early at 5:30 am, you can say I am excused for that ritual. But during weekends, I try to do some bendings and hand grips for exercise and I also do some early walks when the weather is fine. Truly the morning exercise can give you the energy you need for the day.

11. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also make my bed first thing in the morning, as it discourages me from crawling back into it. I usually stretch for a bit in the morning when I wake up. If it's a good day and I have time, I go walk on the beach or local nature trails. I also get exercise walking up and down the stairs multiple times a day here at the house. My favorite exercise is outdoors, in nature, so sometimes I will do my diaphragmatic breathing and stretching on the balcony, for an extra boost.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When we moved to this house in 2001, I would wake up at 6 am and be leaving for office before 7 am. But as years passed, the traffic was getting heavier and heavier so now I am waking up before 5 am so I could leave the house before 5:30 am. It's no use saving time at home and be stuck in traffic. I'd rather relax in the office and work early than waste time on the road.

13. farah1991

farah1991
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its seems very hard to me to control my sleep and get up early to make my body energized. But it becomes next to impossible for me. Any advice :)

14. backpackstatus

backpackstatus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I typically wake up early and do one of three things:

Bike, jog, or golf. While none of these seem very physically taxing (because they're not), they loosen my muscles and get me the little bit of exercise I need to not make me feel so guilty about having seconds for dinner!

It also helps to wake me up in the morning.

15. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I walk 30 minutes to work five mornings a week so consider that to be my morning exercise. I also walk home too and find that this is a great way to wind down from the stress of work. I really do believe that if I did drive to work, each leg of the journey would take around 45 minutes, so walking to and from work saves time, gives me my daily workout and saves heaps of cash in the process.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SF Best Limousine

SF Best Limousine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's hard to exercise in the morning, what I do is I'm cleaning the house and prefer for my breakfast. That's how I start my day..

17. Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My mother does the same thing, she prefers to do some cleaning of the house, of what didn't get finished from the night before, before leaving for work.

18. GinGin

GinGin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

when I have a choice between 15 min walk or a bus I always choose a walk

19. Apollyon

Apollyon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do my best to walk for at least 15 minutes and meditate for about 20 minutes before I head in to work for the day. I've read that walking for at least 15 minutes helps stimulate your mind, and meditating clears it. A perfect combo!

20. Winterybella

Winterybella
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I used to go walking by the beach and played beach tennis when I could find a partner. For some reason that stopped. Some time after I started walking my dogs and some where along the line that stopped as well. Now I feel tired, lazy and stressed but still can't seem to get myself into a proper routine. Exercise on mornings can change all those negative things, but once you lose your rhythm it's tough trying to get back on track.