Monthly payment for website?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by mybusinez.com, Jul 5, 2011.

1. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do users here think that business owners would be willing to pay for a website per month if it included, website design, development, cms, ecommerce, seo, plus consulting and tech support? If not, what do you think business owners would be willing to pay a monthly fee for in regards to web design/ development?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yes, I believe business owners would be happy to pay monthly for that. One service I would add in there is website hosting. Do you plan on also charging an up front fee, or would everything be on a per month basis?

3. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It all depends on the support and service provided, I have paid for this previously in some form from an American company called Volusion and I wasn't impressed in all honesty. Their support was slow to deal with issues and rarely resolved my problems for me.

4. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal, yes we would add hosting to the account. We would provide a number of packages which would include products and services such as website design, mobile website and hosting, email, cms, project management system, eCommerce, SEO, plus consulting and tech support. Regarding the charge up front; I've been looking around and notice that some companies are charging a double or triple charge up front. We always take a deposit up front (as we've been burned too many times) but it would be the same price each month for a 12 month period.

Hi JPM, I understand what you mean. I hear a lot of horror stories but I think the majority of our clients are very happy with our work and mainly our support which is pretty much 24/7 (thank you Mr. Smart Phone ;-) ) as I am a bit of work junkie when it comes to web design and development. I would always do my best to make sure the client is happy as word travels very very fast in this business.

• Like Like x 1
  5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, many of company willing to pay for it especially those company which do not have IT department. They prefer those "all in" service. The only concern is the price whether is attractive enough.

6. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Sigma,
    Yes, the price is a tricky one. I need to make sure it is attractive yet enough to also cover our costs effectively. I am looking at other sites (mainly in the UK) and they are starting at roughly £40 for website design and hosting only. Some are charging £40 per month for a 4 page website and if they want more pages the price goes up. So a 20 page website and hosting only could be £200 (pound sterling) per month. That doesn't even include any sort of SEO or marketing. I think this is ridiculous as you can create as many pages as you like with a CMS or with a blog. Clients need SEO/ marketing as a website does nothing without same.

I think the £40 per month price might be too low to be worth my while but if I could create a starter packages of website design, mobile website, cms, seo, project manager software, 12 hour phone support/ 24 hour email support perhaps I could raise the price to cover all of this and still make it attractive. What do you think?

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is all about the strategy. I know many of website company is provide very low cost to gain the business, they even lose money on it but they earn the money from the maintenance or updating/ add page. And yes, many web company doesnt provide seo service because it is costly and they might spend more cost on it.
    Another reason is not many company know about seo if they are in other field such as manufacturing company. You might need to add more description to let them know why your cost is a bit higher and how it benefit to the company, then only they will consider your service. If possible, make a chart shown that how much they will save from advertising with your package will be an advantage

• Like Like x 1
  8. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Sigma,
    Thanks for the advice. yes, the plan is to make the packages very descriptive, show the benefits and give as much information as possible. The main thing here is trust. You're more likely to do business with a company you trust than those who are hiding behind jargon. My clients are handing over web presence and will have to trust us to run it effectively so that would be our main aim.