Monkey Joe's

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by smoore3328, May 26, 2010.

1. smoore3328

smoore3328
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Does anyone know much about the Monkey Joe's franchise? The idea seems very simple, but I would almost be scared that it would be too much of a fad?

Any advice in this department or franchising in general is greatly appreciated.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum smoore3328. Sorry but I'm not familiar with that franchise. The most effective way to evaluate a franchise opportunity, is to speak to existing franchisees. Ask them about their experience, how the rate the support they are getting from the franchisor and if their business is profitable. Don't just speak to the people referred to you by the franchisor, because they will obviously pick the best ones / their biggest fans. Seek out franchisees yourself and contact them. Tell them you are considering taking out a franchise and ask them if they would spare a few minutes to tell you about their experience.

You should also look at some of the online reviews posted for Monkey Joe's, you can find some listed here.

Please post back with your thoughts and let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

3. makatiofficespace

makatiofficespace
    uix_expand uix_collapse

its a good business for starting people

#3 makatiofficespace, Jun 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  4. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

smoore3328, welcome to Business Advice Forum. :D There's additional franchise information here at AllBusiness, as well as on their own site. They are coy about saying how much it will cost you there but it's on the AllBusiness page under Cost and Financing.

As for being a fad, kids will always enjoy bouncy castles. :) It sounds like Chuck E.Cheese and just talking from personal experience, any little ones that I knew loved that place.

I did some reading and found that Monkey Joe's listing on the SBA's Franchise Registry is very good news. It makes it easier to get a loan from them and it's expedited apparently. You can read more here: Secure a Franchise Loan with Help from the Small Business Administration. Hope that helps! :)

And you base that statement on what? Please explain why you say that.

#4 Kay, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2010