Money Bookers a Scam ?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by avi007i, May 27, 2008.

1. avi007i

avi007i
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Moneybookers has just locked my account. I do not know why . Many people on DP also have reported that they are getting the same message when they tried to withdraw the money or transfer it.

MOneybookers told me to send scanned copies of a national identity card and I sent scanned copies of my voter Id and they replied back telling that Voter Id is not acceptable ?
    How can they do this ? My Voter Id has my name, my photo, my address and it has got the seal and hologram of the government . How come it is not acceptable ?

2. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've just googled "moneybookers scam" and I came up with a lot of hits. I was even planning on opening a moneybookers account myself but with all these complaints on MB, I think I'd better not.

I'm sorry that I'm not much help with your problem but I read in other forums that some people got their accounts locked because of some false personal information. Maybe this is also what happened to you avi007i. Anyway, why not ask moneybookers' staff what kind of id is acceptable. If they want other ids or maybe your birth cert, then you can always go to your immigration or government/police offices to acquire these.

3. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe Money Bookers is not a SCAM. There are some users who have been using Money Bookers since 2003 and they have no problem till now. Some people do say paypal and e-gold is SCAM but it's not so.

May be Voter Id is not acceptable. They asked you to send copies of national identity card. However your Voter Id contains your name, photo, address plus the seal and hologram of the government. It's better to send what the company ( Money Bookers ) asked to send because it's all about your money.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you a passport? If you do, ask them if they will accept a scan of it?

MoneyBookers is a huge, established and trusted financial service, I'd be very, very surprised if they are a scam?

5. Swastik

Swastik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess that you should go in some more details with them. MoneyBooker, being a trusted financial service for years should be professional to deal with you. As Fergal said, you can enquire if they could accept a xerox/ scan of your passport.

6. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money Bookers are running since a long time ago. I believe it's not a SCAM. I like their services because it's worldwide not as paypal. You should contact them to know exactly what happened.

7. avi007i

avi007i
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How can they tell that i have given false personal information. I sent them scanned copies of my Voter ID which contains my personal information and they can verify it. And also anyway they can verify it up with the bank, when I withdraw it, you know just like paypal does.

8. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is better to email them and say them your problems. If you get lucky, they might check the email and send you back a reply.

9. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not sure how they check whether the personal information you gave is incorrect or not, but in the thread I read, it said that Moneybookers activated his account once he corrected his mailing address. I guess he made a typo error in his address. Maybe they check these information with the documents that you've provided.

Anyway, I'm not saying that you gave them false information. You're account might have been locked for other reasons. I'll mimic devilbatista's advice to email them on your problem or situation. Moneybookers will be in a better position to answer your questions.