Monetize my website

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Greatta, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Greatta

Greatta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, I’ve decided to monetize my website. There are a couple of banners, a few context ads, a couple of pop-ups, but I don’t want to use too much of this and lose traffic. Can you please tell me what else can I do to make my website bring money?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

One of the most common ways to monetize a website is with Google AdSense. They do have a variety of policies that must be adhered to, which is done to protect their reputation, and the reputation of the program itself. Also keep in mind that the primary purpose of your website is not, nor should it ever be, to make money from advertising, no matter what type it is. As a result, it may take a while to make a substantial amount.

3. Garkos

Garkos
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The first thing that comes to my mind is referral links. You can exchange referral links free of charge with some websites similar to yours to attract more traffic. In this case banners and other ads’ price will get higher. Another way is using the same referral links that you can post on your website for a fee, like they do it here, for example: https://worldcore.eu/Public/AffiliateProgram . My website was about personal finance management, so their referral link suited me perfectly. Many of my website users followed the link and registered on that site, which brought me some income.