Monetization For Blogs Which Don't Get Much Traffic?

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by Redd, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The blogosphere is always changing and as it does how people used to make money from their blogs also changes. There was a time a blogger who got 30,000 page views a month could make some decent money from ads displayed on his/her blog but apparently, those times are gone.

Since ads aren't that great a monetization strategy any more for blogs which don't get a lot of traffic, what are the best ways to monetize such blogs?

2. moneyman

moneyman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion you should try out pay per sale sites. It is hard to make money with pay per click advertisements if you don't have constant flow of traffic in your site. However, CPA(cost per action) ads wouldn't be a bad option, just make sure your website isn't flooded with ads and is easy to navigate.

3. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just off the top of my head...
    • Contact companies who sell items connected with the topic of your blog. Would they pay for newsletter signups or orders from people who have visited via you? Would they like you to write a positive product review (put item on eBay when done!).
    • Build a rapport with other bloggers. Can you promote each other through links or guest posts?
    • Can you gain any other type of referrals through your blog?

4. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agree with you @Redd, ads are not longer the big money making they were.

I have seen however an increasing tendency to substitute Adsense for content revenue sharing, which seems the model of Taboola and many other advertising networks in this same fashion. By adding this advertising, blogs offer links to someone else's articles, which makes unnoticeable for readers the money making fact, same that refrains from clicking on ads.

Personally I am trying to monetize from paid content, but to make this really profitable you need loads of steady traffic and good crafted articles that trap the reader attention at first, and then make them willing to pay to continue reading the full article.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have no blog but a close friend has a Blogger account and he earns from it, more than $100 dollars every year. But his blogs have regular readers and he promotes his blogs once in a while. By the way, his blog is connected to Adsense and his earnings is from Adsense. He said that he needed new readers of his blogs because new readers earn him more points than regular readers.

6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah. It is pretty difficult to earn money through Google AdSense alone because not everyone who visits your site would click those ads. So yeah, one of the best ways to monetize your blog is to look for clients that would pay you to advertise/review their products on your site.

7. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Another problem when it comes to make money from Adsense is where in the world your traffic comes from. Just one click from a US-based visitor might give you between $1 and $10 (depending on the advertiser) while this same ad can pay one or two cents if clicked by someone located elsewhere.

However I read somewhere out there that Google works backstage in a way you can maximize your income, and this might be true. I have a website which is not receiving any click, but is making money per ad impression expressed to as page revenue per thousand impressions (RPM)

Even though this earnings go low and slow. I set up this site on July 1st and as of to date the total earnings are $2.03 so far. Of course, driving more traffic is the answer to get more ad impressions and maybe some clicks one of these days.