mobile tracking

Discussion in 'Smartphones & Other Devices' started by RestOwner, Jan 24, 2011.

1. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Someone is stalking me and it's creeping me out because I am not used to this kind of things.. Surely the number is not from my country so I was wondering if there is a way that I can track a mobile number which is located in other country?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

RestOwner I'd suggest that you speak to your mobile phone company, they may be able to help you. Do you know which network the calls are coming from, if you do also speak to that network to see if they can help.

Also, could you change your telephone number and only give your new number out to people you trust? That way the stalker will no longer be able to contact you.

3. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have tried changing my number but the person is great in finding my number.. There are only two people who knows my number and they said that they didn't give it to anyone.. Have tried talking to the network but no actions were taken that's why it is so frustrating..

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you any idea as to how this person is getting your number? It would be worth checking with your network to ensure that they are not adding your number to any directory service or publishing it in any other way.

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If it's ok with you, can you tell what kind of stalking did this someone do to you?

6. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it's just that every plan that I have for the couple of months, the person knows it.. My plans can't be changed because they are now arranged.. another thing is that the person communicates with my relatives saying that I know him/her when in fact I don't..

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Are they doing you any real harm or damage? What about just forgetting about them and ignoring them?

8. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm agree to Fergal, i'd suggest to call your network provider because I believe that they have SOP for this situation. I am pretty sure that they can help you with this. If the stalker is very insisting and no plan to leave you, I suggest that you have to report this incident to the police station near you. This to ensure your safety.

9. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

RestOwner if i may just ask, what is your network provided? I am T-mobile subscribers and that was happened to me before. Few years ago i encountered a stalker as well. He keep bugging my life to the point that he's also calling my parents and other family. What i did, i reported to the police as my first steps. Second i called my network provider. I don't want to change my number because I use my number for all my business transaction. So T-mobile helps me a lot. They never leave my issue until resolved. They have this service where in they can actually blocked a certain number on my contact list. They blocked it permanently, and aside from that they traced the number of my stalker. We found out who is the stalker and we give a certain action for the problem. The reason why I am asking your network provider because they might also have the same features as T-Mobile. The bloking of certain numbers and tracing the number as well. Hope this will help. Good luck and keep safe.

10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What happened to him/her? Did s/he go to jail or something?

11. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't want to elaborate everything because he might also a member of this forum :D we never know lolz. But anyway when i reported him I submited written record of events (as arrests) in a police station. Then they send a copy from him saying that when he never stop doing those things they have the right to will arrest him. Then from that day on, he stopped. I never heard of him up to this day. :)

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's a good result, well done firstchoicecar. Thanks for sharing that experience with us, other members will be able to learn from it.

13. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

no real harm or damage done. I do ignore the person and have no more troubles coming from him/her but he/she keeps bugging anyone that is associated with me..

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Do you know who the individual is, who is doing this?

Do you think they will get tired of it and stop, if they are ignored?

Have you considered taking legal advice on the matter?

15. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes Fergal it is a good result because my family stop worrying about me, that is why I am also suggesting it to RestOwner, if he want it too.

16. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If he knows some persons related to you, you definitely knew this person.