Mobile Marketing Questions

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by rdcclu, Oct 4, 2010.

1. rdcclu

rdcclu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. To what extent have you used mobile marketing?
    a. If used, what type of campaign did you use first?
    b. Do you have a mobile web site?
    c. Do you have a short code?
    d. What mediums are you using to build a mobile opt-in list?

3. What do you think mobile marketing could do for your business?
    a. How could mobile marketing drive more customers to your business?

4. If mobile marketing does not apply to your business, why not?

#1 rdcclu, Oct 4, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I haven't used mobile marketing at all, however I believe that will change for most business owners in the near future. The emergence of smart phones and other Internet friendly mobile devices has significantly increased the amount of mobile web browsing. Almost everyone has at least one mobile device and as more and more people turn to their mobile device, as a source of information and marketing materials, mobile communication will become increasingly important as a marketing medium.

Users of this forum and my other forum do use their mobiles to view and post in the discussions. My first step in mobile marketing will be to make these forums more user-friendly for mobile users. (Actually my PHPBB forum uses TouchBB, but there is room to improve it further).

3. rdcclu

rdcclu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal--

What about creating a new section of the forum entitled, "Mobile Marketing"? Also maybe think of one entitled, "Local Marketing", "Local Business" or something of the sort.

4. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is a little of a "the chicken and the egg" situation. Setting up a new section when there's a lack of current content isn't ideal, while not having a seperate section doesn't stimulate discussion in this area.

Given such a niche as 'mobile marketing', I'd also worry about having it 'fenced off' in a seperate area. By leaving these discussions in the more general 'marketing' section, they will be exposed to a larger portion of the user base. Users who might have previously thought "I couldn't use that for my business", through reading the threads, might come across a novel way that it could be implemented in their situation to great effect.

It's very much a subjective decision (and thankfully Fergal that has to make the final call on it), but my own input would be to leave the discussions in the more general forum sections until the number of threads become far more significant and for us, the users, to encourage more discussion in the areas we find interesting/beneficial. Having threads relating to specific niches like mobile marketing, of themselves, will attract more users interested in those areas to join and participate in those discussions. So some of the responsibility is on ourselves to make sure our needs and wants are raised on the forum.

I love the theory, just not sure if this is the right way to execute it.

5. VVhite_Angel

VVhite_Angel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Bob, I'd certainly be willing to do that once we get busier and we have enough discussions related to the topic, to give it its own section. However, for the moment all "mobile marketing" discussions can take place in this " Sales & Marketing + Online Promotion & SEO" section.

7. Stefan01

Stefan01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Compared to radios or Television, the beginning of a mobile marketing campaign is quicker and less expensive because the consumer base is opt-ins and can be calculated for its success by the advertiser quickly. Mobile marketing is on the front line in linking potential customers to media advertisements.

8. gurain

gurain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

mobile markting

Have you ever tried text message marketing for your business?? if NO then I would like to suggest you should go for it, mobile text messaging is very effective and fast. I’m sure it will increase your repeat business and customers. All the best!

9. Ron Richardson

Ron Richardson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All signs point to mobile as the next big thing...we could be looking at the biggest trend that we'll see in our life time...what does Google think...
    Eric Schmidt, the CEO of Google, told the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, that Google will view mobile first as the most important element in all future actions...that was in Feb 2010...he may have some useful insight. I think now is a great time to position yourself in front of the tsunami that is going to come...

10. mysandyda

mysandyda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, sorry but I hate mobile marketing! these spam messages I receive every day make me feel sad and when I and sad I can do nothing! But maybe there are no quality mobile marketing here :(