Mobile App Development

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by ChicoMatt, Feb 22, 2012.

1. ChicoMatt

ChicoMatt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am looking into having an app made but I don't exactly know how the entire process works and everything I need to get it to and maintain it in market. So basically my question is what is everything needed to get an app to market and also to maintain it. Both Apple and Android. No detail is too small. I know I will have to pay someone to develop the actual app but what are some other costs I can expect to incur? Do I have to have a website to have an app? Do I have to choose and register a domain name like I would a website? Basically anything you guys can think of would help me out. I don't want to dive right in without knowing what I am getting myself into. Thanks everyone.

2. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Take some time researching on your targets, as well as the most recent app developments that has been launched in the market. This will help you plan out on what is the best app that you should be targeting and doing for your project.

3. Eugene24

Eugene24
    uix_expand uix_collapse

on freelance web site i saw something like that, if i find that message i will write here.

4. kristenhanna

kristenhanna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can look for a professional mobile app development company or a mobile app developer to build an app as per your needs. Based upon your needs, you have to analyse on your competitors and build a website as well.

5. MoneyTrack

MoneyTrack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Check out elance. Post your requirements there and you will likely responses from many companies that have been through the entire process. They are looking to get your business so they will offer the details you are looking for and answer your questions.

6. dgeneschi

dgeneschi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As someone who has worked professionally as an app developer, and has released an app with downloads in the thousands and zero revenue, I can say that the answer to this question is contingent on your requirements. For instance, apps can be either standalone or dependent on one or several web services. If the latter, you've just introduced a lot of complexity and, likely, additional cost (and continuous maintenance cost). The app market is very saturated and tough to crack so I'd think hard about your business model and prospects before laying out the money. The most conservative way to position your app for success is to have it be something free that adds value to a paid service. Just selling something once for $1-$5 is a tough way to build a business, and saying "I'll be able to sell ads against this once I have an install base of 1m people" is also insanely risky -- some might even say stupid. Consider how many apps on your phone you interact with on a daily basis. Exactly. Just my 2c. Here's one of my favorite reference points on the subject: How much does an app cost? About as much as a car.