Mobile Advertising / Monetizing Apps.. help!

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by chopperdave919, Aug 17, 2010.

1. chopperdave919

chopperdave919
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello there,

I'm currently interning at a company that has recently become interested in mobile advertising for various smartphone platforms. The company has already developed a few applications for the iPhone and iTouch; some of the apps are free, others you have to pay for.

My current mission as the intern is to figure out how this whole in-app advertising ordeal is supposed to generate revenue for our company. What's the best model to use (i.e. use free apps with ads, apps at low prices with good features, etc.)? How do we put an advertisement for our app in another company's app, how does a company advertise on our app (how do we generate revenue from the given company/agency). What kind of revenue/profit can we expect by starting this campaign?

I'm really trying to become an employee at this company and finding out this information could make or break me, so to speak. I have been researching the iAd and AdMob services and found that I am not getting the specific answers that I need. If anybody knows anything about this app stuff, please provide some insight or help to point me in the right direction.

Thanks for reading.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum chopperdave919, thanks for joining and posting your business questions.

Sorry but I don't have personal experience of how those apps are marketed. A good starting point for you, would be to look at how your competitors are doing it and then brainstorm ways that you could do it better. Is this something you have done or would try?

3. rajni

rajni
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow, a really great tips. I really appreciate this. Keep it up!

4. fedoracore

fedoracore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

what is the name of the App that you are using? looking at options.