MLM'S

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by kathywnmn, Jul 29, 2011.

1. kathywnmn

kathywnmn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are there legitimate MLM's out there that are not Pyramid schemes ?

2. robertn

robertn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A *friend of mine involved in a MLM company sells products and services that everyone *use everyday every month . It is a nice way to make residual income. You can check it out at *http://www.mtuke.acnrep.com

3. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are however I would proceed with extreme caution before getting involved in one. If you're investigating an MLM opportunity do not rely on testimonials or sales presentations alone in making your decision which company to work with. Be sure to call your local Consumer Protection Board to ensure the company is in good standing. Before signing on as a distributor, have an accountant and attorney review income statements and annual reports from the company. Contact your state attorney general and better business bureau to see if any complaints have been filed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Clint Cora

Clint Cora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think there are quite a few MLM type of organizations out there that have been around for a long time. Having said that, in my personal experience, I have never met a person who is involved in MLM who is successful and manage to stay in that business for the long term. I think the casualty rates are quite high.

I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but among those I met who take on a MLM business, I've never met anyone in that type of business who I would regard is a good sales person either. They all just want to push their products on you without actually qualifying you first. For example, one lady tried really hard to push weight loss products on me, even insisting that I try some free samples. Well, excuse me, I have a 30 inch waistline so why the heck would I need weight loss products for? This is just one such example of the subpar selling skills (or lack of any) I've observed.

• Like Like x 1