MLM industry and its workings

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by lirajones, Oct 23, 2010.

1. lirajones

lirajones
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do u people have any knowledge on MLM business and associated profitability? Is it a chain marketing kinda stuff? plz suggest.

Find out some definition like this: Multi-level marketing (MLM) is a online marketing strategy where the sales team is compensated not just for sales they personally generate, but also for the sales of others they recruit, developing a downline of distributors along with a hierarchy of multiple amounts of compensation. Other terms for MLM include multilevel marketing, direct selling, and referral marketing.

2. Dayanan

Dayanan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are an aggressive salesperson and can build your downline you might have a chance. But you will have to think, live, eat, talk and sleep MLM 24 hours a day.

3. Justin

Justin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You will also have to pester all of your friends non stop. The amount of friends I have who have tried to get me to get involved with this field is terrifying.

Having said that there are a couple of solid companies in the field. Trouble is quite often the products are sold at overly inflated prices so your upline can make a healthy profit.

I woule not get involved in it without serious research. Look for the negative feedback, which you will probably need to find online as everyone within the field will be hyping it to the hills. Also research what the copmpetitiion is and their pricing.

Some of the sales training could be quite useful depending on what else you are doing.

I also completely agree with Dayana, you will have to live, eat, dream and talk your product nonstop!

4. lirajones

lirajones
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agreed and a hard job indeed expecting lots of brainstorming.