Minor Page Rank Update for September

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by PaulPinnacle, Sep 15, 2010.

1. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A few reports of a minor (only changing internal pages or previously unranked pages) Google Pagerank update filtering through.

While I'm very much in the "ignore your TPR (toolbar pagerank) and focus on doing the right things" camp, I said I'd mention it all the same so you can see how it has impacted on any of your sites, if you're so inclined.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the update Paul. I honestly don't look at PageRank that much, but I checked when I saw your post and it looks like one of my sites has gone from a 3 to a 4. I'd be lying if I said I didn't prefer to see it going up than going down.

3. MarkAse

MarkAse
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Paul. It's been a while since the last update and although PR doesn't really help or hurt by itself, it does provide a nice measure especially when you're bouncing around quite a bit in the SERPS.

4. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't get me wrong, I ALWAYS want to see it going up. No questions there.

I'm just always careful to point out that it's only one of a very large number of factors when I mention it, some weighted higher than others, as webmasters at times can become obsessed with it above all other factors (mainly due to the fact that it's one of the more visible factors [or at least it is on the few occasions a year when they update it - it's only a snapshot and the 'real PR' will be calculated independently of the TPR] and in the early days of search had a very strong weighting).

Glad to see things moving in the right direction. Hopefully the other BAF'ers had similar results.

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Still no change on my site. It is still PR3.

6. Sherah

Sherah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

what you think about it?

7. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What do I think about... which part? Haven't I just given my thoughts on it?