Mind Your Own Business!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Nazreen, May 24, 2008.

1. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I say, "Mind Your Own Business!", I'm not saying that you stop meddling in what doesn't concern you. Instead, I'm saying that you should take care of your business. Who benefits the most if your business becomes a success? Who earns the most profits? The answer would be You of course!

So if you have a business enterprise, it's good that you oversee everything about your business. Oversee all aspects of your business operations like sales, hiring and admin, product management and sourcing, etc. This way, you know everything that goes on in your business and will be in a better position to make critical business decisions and formulate strategies to better improve it.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Allied to this, you need to know what is important, or in other words what yields results. There is no point in spending time on a small part of your business if it is not important to the big picture or does not yield results / profits for the business.

3. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's a good point Nazreen. Minding your business is important phase to maintain your business. If you don't mind your business or don't care about business you will result in loss. You should take care of your business. You should always try to seek profit because loss will result in Business failure and you will be compelled to stop your Business. You should be concerned with what to buy for your business and in what amount and whom to sell ?

4. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Minding Your Own Business is a kind of management style - the hands-on management style. There is also the hands-off management style where you just hire staff in your business and just let them do their own tasks. The bad thing about this is that your employees might not know what to do if you just leave them on their own. They might not even be motivated and take the initiative when they're just left on their own.

In Minding Your Own Business, you're involved in everything in your business. There isn't anything that happens in your business that you don't know of. This kind of management also fosters teamwork in the organization because you will gather all your men and make them feel that they're part of the team. We cannot stress enough the importance of teamwork. Teamwork will make doing things faster and more efficient. Aside from that, teamwork will make the business stronger.

5. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I saw this thread, I supposed It was offensive kind but when I opened it and read through out there were several things that differentiated the topic from the writing. Yes, mind your business is really mean caring your own business. When you're not caring your business then you should know what will it lead to. Of course, the last stage would be failure when you're not managing and giving it a proper time when you're really working on the business that you've. So, Minding your business is what call improving it and developing new concept for it's more improvement.

6. prettysue

prettysue
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for this line, Nazreen. If you have your own business, you really have to know everything about it. You must be the overseer of everything so that you will know what are the problems going on. You have must also lead the innovation of your business to keep up with the trend. This is what we call, "Mind You Own Business".