MGID + Adsense

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by GekiDan, Sep 19, 2011.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I made a certain mistake in joining a traffic exchange site without making any research. I'm still kicking myself for doing this.
    The site is question is MGID.com

After making some researches, it says that Adsense doesn't allow their publishers to join traffic exchange sites. I even checked out Google help forums to check and there are mixed answers on this one. Many said that the "traffic exchange sites" that Google tells about is the 1:1 ratio, the old system that one needs to have at least 1 referral to the traffic exchange site before getting 1 visit.

MGID uses widgets where people, in this case, visitors needs to click in order to get to a new site. The widget is installed via HTML on the site's template. But it still worries me...

Another of my searches lead me to this site: http://www.techmaish.com/mgid-and-adsense-100-compatibility/

What do you think I'll need to do?

2. Eric Primer MGID

Eric Primer MGID
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi GekiDan!

Eric here from MGID. The problem, you mentioned became viral among bloggers and website owners due to the fact that Google AdSense ToS say that "traffic exchanges are illegal".
    The fact is that those "traffic exchanges" that Google called illegal are different from the system like MGID. It's just a substitution of concepts. An old "traffic exchanges" used to pay visitors or create virtual visits and using bots.
    MGID's system is different. MGID works only with real visitors and only with quality traffic, no bots, no virtual clicks, no scams or bad content. So, our system itself can't cause ban from Goggle.Google doesn't explain the reason why your account was banned - it can be anything, but we really have partners that use both AdSense and MGID.

In conclusion I'd like to say that you can be absolutely sure in MGID's legitimacy. And our widgets are ok, there is nothing to worry about

If anyone has questions - you can always contact me via Email

3. shaharesatish

shaharesatish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

mgid is a third party traffic generator. When people, or fake traffic bots, ‘click’ on a link or ads, but do not stay for long on the page and take no actions within a webpage, search engines consider them suspicious, e.g. as spam.

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But why would bots visit your sites via MGID? What I'm trying to say, they won't give anything in return, like Eric said, unlike those with credits and such.