mfost

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mfost, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mfost

mfost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A good friend of mine introduced me to business advice forum. He stated that I should share what I've learned about business, fitness, entertainment, law, and relationships with the this community, and that I would also meet people whom would have knowledge to share with me. I enjoy the exchange of knowledge, especially when knowledge effectuates a positive change in our lives. Well, I'm a 42 year old business developer. Exactly that, I help people develop their business. All of my clients whether college educated or risk confident entrepreneurs, they all eventually fall into the same trap - technical over thought. I take business knowledge and make it practical.
    I've been a fitness trainer for over 24 years. I use my own body as the witness and the advertisement of what I believe in - good health. To date, exercise and reasonable eating habits are the only fountain of youth that human beings have discovered. So, I take a dip in that fountain five days a week.
    When I was ripped off by a phony paralegal course, I felt that they had robbed me - not of my money, rather an opportunity to learn, so I went after them in the courts. My novice legal research at that time, was still enough to scare them to refund me my money. That was fifteen years ago. Now, I have become quite proficient in paralegal research. Paralegals are the true back bone to any law firm, and you would be surprised at how many major law firms out-source to paralegal firms for their research.
    I was raised around bands. Live instruments, rehearsals, tours...my own family entertainment tree includes Paul from the group the Floaters, Kinney from the Detroit Emeralds, and Al, of Al Hudson and One Way. This is where I learned how to manage groups, book tours, negotiate with club owners, and hire roadies that know how to do the job right.
    Relationships, okay, what would you like to know.:D

• Like Like x 2
  2. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to the forum mfost. I'm glad that you decided to join the community. I know you will be a valuable source of knowledge for all of the members of BAF, especially if they're seeking advice in business development or legal topics. It sounds like you have a very diverse set of skills that anybody who's willing to listen can learn from.

• Like Like x 1
  3. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Mforst, and welcome to the forum. Though I'm also a little new myself I really enjoy it here and I'm sure you will. Many people on here are very knowledgeable and will be able to help you with whatever questions you may have. So from me to you I just want to say welcome to the forum!

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum mfost, thanks for joining and for posting your introduction. You have certainly had an interesting and varied career. Your experience will be very helpful to all of us here on the forum. Also, please tell your friend that we said thanks for introducing you to the forum.

5. mfost

mfost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal, thank you for the greeting. It you words were up beat and encouraging. Let's not be strangers. Good relationships are developed through good communication. Stay positive and you will stay blessed.

6. mfost

mfost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ThirdSEO, thank you for the greeting. Yes, I've been around the block a few times. Right now I'm dealing with former client of whom I have a confidentiality contract with. As quick as last night, he discovered that I am in the business advice community that my friend introduced me to, and he's afraid I may reveal certain secrets regarding my stint as a business advisor with his company. He is slowing learning that my loyalty is not contractual, it simply IS. He's feeling better about my being in the business advice community.
    So, ThirdSEO, small world. Turns out that you and have a mutual acquaintance.

7. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Great introduction, mfost. Welcome to the forum. With your background and experience, you should add a lot of perspective to many of our discussions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.