Merging Gratitude Logs

Discussion in 'Announcements Archive' started by Fergal, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

When I first started the Gratitude Logs I thought that members would each like to have their own gratitude log in their own separate thread. However, a lot of members have been applying to other people's threads to say what they are grateful for.

Do you think it would be better if we had a single thread, that everyone would reply to, to share what they are grateful for?

2. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One thread may become too unwieldy, that would be my concern. I know however it's more work as it is to split the posts that really should be in their own thread into their own for you guys. Could we not simply educate people that they should be making their own threads for their logs a little more clearly?

I have a few suggestions on that front.

• Change the title of the sticky in that folder, About Your Goals & Gratitude Log! to include the phrase "Read Before Posting in this Folder." Add a line in the post itself about starting your own individual threads for your logs, whatever kind it is. It doesn't mention anywhere to do that as far as I can tell, so I can see why folks are just adding on to other ones.

• Add a note to the folder description in the main index to reinforce that. Change that from "Share your goals & get help to achieve them. Tell us what you're grateful for - you'll feel better." to include "Please start a thread of your own for your logs."

Or keep it all in one thread. You're the boss. :)

3. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it should be better if we merge it all in one thread since the topic is only one and the same - what we are grateful for.

4. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Whatever works as I say. :)

I was just thinking that if someone responds to what someone said, it could get a tad confusing figuring out who they were talking to. In all honesty if I need to go to a page 9 to read something and then work my way back to find who or what the poster's talking about, I generally lose interest.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks Kay and Nazreen for your suggestions.

Anyone else?