Mentor...Partner...Co-Founder...Investor

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Rock09tx, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Rock09tx

Rock09tx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Read This and let me know if you're interested in any of the roles in the "Title"?

I am a young 19 year old entrepreneur looking to open up my own game rental kiosk business called GameLitter. I have about 10 locations here in my hometown willing to host the machines already I would like to start off with 10 machines which will be about $200,000 to $250,000 which includes inventory and all, or we could take a more conservative approach and get about 5 machines($100,000 to $150,000) to test drive and see the revenue this could make starting out and determine when to expand. This also will be a franchise opportunity as well which will help spread the brand more rapidly.

My true vision for this is to hit college campuses with this and provide this service to college students that want to rent a dvd or play a game and don't have to leave campus. When I was attending Prairie View A&M University we had something called Panther bucks which is like real money(Panther Buck=$1) but it used the financial aid instead of students coming out of pocket and that's what I would like to with this company. I'd like to go around to campus and while students are deciding on their meals plans and housing they will also have an option for "GameLitter Bucks"(or something like that). I believe this can be really successful and very profitable on college campuses like UT or OU with thousands of students. Let me know your thoughts?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our Business Forum Rock09tx. Your idea certainly sounds exciting. Is there a reason why you feel you would need to start with five or ten kiosks? Would it be practical for you to keep your start up costs low by starting with one kiosk? Once it becomes successful, you could expand from there.