Meditation - Has anyone tried this?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by MarkTaylor, Aug 9, 2012.

1. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Everyone,

Last year I got trained in transcendental meditation - I found it a simple and natural way to relax and switch between work and the rest of my life. I have a hunch that it could be a great tool for other entrepreneurs and business people - what do you think?

I look forward to hearing your views.

Best wishes,

Mark.

2. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, meditation is a good practice to maintain a balance emotional and mental capacity of an individual. It may help in reducing stress and possible depression from an individual currently suffering. It may also help in diverting an energy into a more productive or somewhat relaxing activity that helps a lot on the over all mentality and emotional awareness of an individual.

3. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your feedback, Mark... I think business owners could really benefit from this and I'm looking to set up a not for profit website to promote the benefits. I just need to see that there is a market... Best wishes, M.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I am convinced of the potential benefits of meditation but have not known how to get started, so I'd be very interested in a site like that Mark.

5. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal,

Don't want to offend as I am not sure - just a question - do you pray? Praying is one of the easiest ways of meditation. Erase for 1 hour all the necessary things and plans you have in mind. set them aside first. Then talk to HIM like he is in your front. Only you - alone.

When you exclude and set aside things that always bothers you in your mind, in your feelings, etc, you start to grab a meditating state. Close your eyes take a deep breath slowly and calmly.
    This is just one of the many methods in starting meditation.

- When you have some work to do, you focus on it and centralizes your energy to the work - it can be a form of meditation.
    - When you are going to sleep, you have to calm your mind and body first so you can get to sleep - that's a step to meditation.

and a lot more. :)

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks Mark, sorry but I'm not religious I don't pray and I don't intend to start praying in the near future.

7. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fergal - www.tm.org is the best starting point - there are plenty of web-based resources and you should find there is a local centre where you can attend an initial seminar... let me know how you get on. M.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Guys,

For me, meditation and prayer are two very distinct things. Transcendental Meditation is a non-religious practice - although, it feels very spiritual. I am aware that many people combine the two, but for me they are separate activities.

TM has had a very positive effect on me physically by helping me rest effectively. It also seems to open up a subtle 'dialogue' between mind and body which helps it repair more quickly (useful if you play a lot of sports). It is also very relaxing and helps draw the line between work and the rest of your life - something I think all business people could benefit from.

Although I practice, I am really not an expert so I would point you to www.tm.org as a good starting point.

Best wishes,

Mark.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks very much for that link Mark, it looks like a great site. I will go through it soon and try to make a start with meditation.

10. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ok, let me know how it goes... M.

11. MICHAEL LINDMARK

MICHAEL LINDMARK
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is very refreshing and relaxing. You can concentrate well and even forget your problems in a while.

12. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you meditate often Michael?

13. manojagadi

manojagadi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to me, Meditation is very important for every person in the world. Meditation is very good for health.

• Like Like x 1
  14. venumssi

venumssi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Meditation and yoga can create pleasant weather and almost stimulate all organs. Most of the modern life diseases like thyroid problems and diabetes diseases and sleeping problems can also curable by Meditation and yoga.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sprinkles

Sprinkles
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I love meditating it is one of the best ways to relax your mind

• Like Like x 1
  16. venumssi

venumssi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ill give three steps to do meditation.
    first atleast close your eyes and dont open half an hour even u have different thoughts. Do it 1 week.

Second one Second week Count your breaths how many u have get breaths? I hope 120-150 breathings. Try it without postponed without confusing.
    If you confused again count from 1 onwards.

Third Try to decrease your breathing levels from 150 to as you wish.
    If you do these three steps within 2 months its become a habit and you can do meditation without any problems.
    Meditation can prevent sexual problems and many psychological problems.Try it once. I recommend this

17. suba

suba
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Meditation is a cumulative practice--emphasis on the 'practice'--with cumulative rewards. Often I use a CD of guided meditation that features suggestions for relaxing the body one specific area at a time.

18. Barney

Barney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I found that when I went out running helped me to meditate and many problems were solved while on the road. I beleive this was due to the repetitative nature of the execise, which is similar to praying which is repetitative. I have never tried meditation but I reflect on each day at bedtime and get peace of mind in that. We do not need to believe in an almighty being , but do what we think is right.

19. smo9marketing

smo9marketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Making all the parts of you disciplined will always benefit you.

Training your body, emotions, mind, and even spirit to do what you direct them to do will always benefit you.

20. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've actually just started again, recently and it's been a real boost. I was feeling a little low on energy (something to do with the time of the year and needing a holiday). It's amazing how you never lose the ability to meditate effectively.