Medicines

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by LordRoco, Apr 11, 2013.

1. LordRoco

LordRoco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How many medicines do you take a day? My mother takes atleast three medications a day (for illness I donot wish to disclose) but for her , its a necessity. Instead, I have come across patients who do it for placebo. They think that a doctor who donot prescribe for a medicine is a 'useless' doctor. For the same reason, patients whom we have identified this inclination are administered with vitamin tablets.

We term this, the placebo effect.

2. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not taking any medicines for now and hopefully in future too and I hope your mother will get soon quickly and live healthy and long life :)

3. LordRoco

LordRoco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thankyou for your extremely kind wishes. I myself being a doctor, am able to tend to her very well and I am hopeful of her complete recovery soon. However, this placebo affect, which is afftecting many old ladies is definitely a cause for concern for me :( One day, I plan to do research on this :D

4. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am also not taking medicines right now But I should have. I do some Yoga and meditation so I really don't need medicines at times.

5. alexdisuza

alexdisuza
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Taking medicine daily is not good for health.If it is very serious matter then take medicine in that condition is ok.
    Check your health from good doctor .

6. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi LordRoco, I will pray from the almighty god to make your mother get well very soon,she will be healthy with you in few upcoming days :)Don't loose hope,try to make her happy and relaxed,avoid medicines as much as possible.

Go to the physician and make her prescribe yoga,this will definitely benefit her.

7. crater

crater
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I rarely take medicines. I only took pain killers in the last few years.

8. janecristy

janecristy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I take medicines whenever i feel unhealthy. I do not want to take medicines for cold and headache. I also like limited use of antibiotics.

9. shoppharmarxx

shoppharmarxx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Taking medicines regularly can harm your vital systems.One should avoid taking medicines for small small reasons.Eat healthy food and exercise regularly..

10. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

As everyone is suggesting, Medicines taken for long term has some efects in the long run. I have experienced this personally as one of my family member did have a stroke. Why dont you try for alternative means to overcome the medicine and built the immunity?

11. shazi

shazi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

always use medicine as prescribed by the doctor , taking medicine at your own never ever advised , find doctor near you and should visit him to get better advise. every medicine have its side effects and should be used from short periods specially when you use Anti bioethics .

12. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do not take medicine this time but many doctors say that after 40 years of age everybody needs a medicine.

13. FaaastCash

FaaastCash
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well at times, medicines helps in curing any dreadful diseases. That is why, it should never be underestimated. Since all facilities are available to get health insurance & other medical facilities with it.

14. SLogix-Brian

SLogix-Brian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One has to take medicines after visiting a doctor. IMHO.

15. kitchie

kitchie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I refrain from taking medicines as much as possible because I believe that medicines has side effects that can harm our liver.

16. Jybrael

Jybrael
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't take any medicine..I am actually against medication...even if I was sick...I might go see a doctor but I will try to recover on my own...using natural things like Herbal tea..ginger tea or other stuff...and so far..it has worked out well.

17. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dr.Tariq Drabu

Homeopathic remedies do not interfere with conventional medicines. Your treatment is confidential, but please maintain contact with your doctor, and DO NOT stop taking medication suddenly..

18. manishsqrt

manishsqrt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't take medicines usually.But few days before i was having 2 tablespoon cough syrup two times a day for few days, Though that didn't helped me.I was cured mostly by precautions.

19. tsubibo

tsubibo
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I usually take some anti-inflammatorys after playing basketball. Usually my body hurts like and hell and I need a little something to maybe relieve the pain.

20. chad23

chad23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Usually I try not to take them as far as possible when I'm ill. Our organism should have a strength to fight illnesses but medicines effect it badly.