Marketing through Yahoo Answers

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by William King, Jan 26, 2011.

1. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most of the people know that the Yahoo Answers is a great thing to promote your website and get visitors but when they try to do it 0they encounter with many problems. Some people violet Yahoo terms and conditions and get their account ban in just one day and some do not even don't know how to post your link.

Their are some steps which you should follow to advertise successfully on Yahoo Answers.

1 - When you sign up and start your activity in Yahoo Answers... Links that you will post in your answers will not change in live links. So do not post your links until you reach on level 2 which is after 250 points.

2 - At level one as I said that do not post any links, participate positively in the community and give answers in the category about which you have great knowledge. Giving good answers will increase your credibility and if your answer will be chosen as best you will be rewarded by 10 points. Simple answer carry 2 points.

3 - After reaching level 2 you can post your link, but take care of one think post link only in the relevant question and not in the answer body give the link in source box and give only one link.

4 - To find the relevant question use the yahoo answers search and refine your search by changing the question status to open.

5 - Make your network private and do not add people as contacts in this way no one will be able to check your answers history. Keep in mind that yahoo do not figure out the spammers by itself but your answer get deleted when users report it and you will get the warning and after 5 or 6 warnings your account will be suspended so give answers as normally as you can, but if some user have a doubt on you and want to check your history to report more answers of yours, he can't because of your network's privacy.

6 - It will be good if you give a link at least after 10 answers.

7 - If your accounts get banned, it is useless to appeal for lifting the ban, but wait for some days to make a new account, because Yahoo can ban your IP permanently if it comes to know that this IP is sending spam constantly.

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes. i kept doing this back when i wasn't in the first page result. it certainly boost traffic but also the page appears in search results.

3. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, if your answer does carry some value and have some weight it will surely help you a lot to drive tons of traffic

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't agree with this. The amount of warnings before one account will be suspended varies.
    At one time, my account got suspended after a single violation.

5. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But in my case my account was suspended after at least 5 warnings it also depends upon the type violation you do

6. andykeating

andykeating
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hey really nice tips..I wanted to start using yahoo answers but was not sure about its terms of using etc.. after reading your tips i felt i can use it.. :)

7. freelancemom

freelancemom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why were your accounts suspended? Were you already at level 2 when they were?
    Does anyone know if the links are no_follow?

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They are nofollow. So you won't get PageRank juice from it. Only a few bits of traffic.

9. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't know why are you against using Yahoo! answers. It is your fault if you don't how to properly use them... I have got a lot of trusted users from the Y! A

My once account got suspended when I was at level for and it was due to my own mistake I was posting too much links...
    One thing you guys must also keep in my mind do not only your own link answer some question post your link than next time post link of some other site as a source it will help to give an impression that you are not just here to do the advertisement

10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not against it as a whole. We all know that they have helped many people on their questions.
    What I'm pointing out is that it's not good in getting traffic. Even though one of my accounts got suspended, most answers from it are intact, chosen as best answer and still live. And I don't get it regular traffic from it.

11. hetalhet

hetalhet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Mate for sharing this post as I am not using yahoo answers because I was not known before that Marketing through yahoo answers can be done and it is beneficial too..

Now I know. Thank you.

12. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to give answers on daily basis to get the traffic because when a question gets resolved it receives very less hits. so their is a very little chance to get traffic, But open questions drive a lot of traffic I give two links daily on Yahoo Answers and it takes only 45 or 30 mins to do so... I think it is not such a bad deal

13. freelancemom

freelancemom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The question to measure then would be if the traffic converts. My guess is that it would depend on the nature of your business and the type of question. Yahoo answers do come up a lot in search results when you type a search in as a question. I may consider this for very local, product specific ecommerce questions for example - but wouldn't rely on it for direct SEO benefits. It sounds like it could be a feasible off-site marketing strategy if your campaign had a budget to support such efforts.

14. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As I said it will not help you to get the better search results in the search engines or to increase your page rank but it will surely can be a very good tool to drive traffic but it depends upon its use.

15. DaveScotford

DaveScotford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow... Productive...

16. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Dave :)

17. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Lucky to found this thread, forwarded by William. I will definitely try this one. Thanks guys.