Marketing Cinnamon Toothpicks at International Supermarkets

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Cruz, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Cruz

Cruz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

We are a small business located in Asia which manufactures natural cinnamon toothpicks. These toothpicks have great health benefits as they are infused with cinnamon leaf oil. Our main market is the hospitality industry and the supermarket chains located in the US and Europe.

Wanted to know what's the best way to find the possible clients who will be interested in the product? I've realized this is product which will market strongly ONLY if the correct client is reached. Would like to hear your opinions and advice.

Thanks!

Cruz

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our webmaster and business forum Cruz. Would selling to agents or distributors work for you? It would mean that you have to sell to less individual businesses than if you sold directly to individual business users.

3. rangrage

rangrage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Cruz,

Which part of Asia are you based?

I am quite interested to know more about your products, I am based in Malaysia and I have contacts in South Africa as well. Please send me a PM and I would love to discuss more with you.

4. Cruz

Cruz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fergal,

Thanks for your response. Can you suggest a cost effective way of finding these agents/distributors abroad? I don't think websites such as Alibaba or Tradekey will be beneficial in this scenario.

Thanks and hope to hear from you.

Thanks Rangrage. I have sent you a PM.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Cruz I'd start by searching for them on Google. Compile a list of distributors / agents and then start contacting them one by one to see if they would be interested in carrying your product. Do you feel that a simple approach like that could work for you?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cruz

Cruz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I will try doing that. Earlier I tried only the Supermarket chains and not the distributors. Good point. Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1